Celebration - boarding times/lines?

We were able to grab an 11-11:30 arrival time (earliest offered for this sailing, for whatever reason) for the 5/20 Celebration sailing. Some of my office staff have 12, 1, etc...

We always have early boarding, so I can't recall the last time I sailed from Miami, but.... for those with various/later times - do they have lines outside where you que up and wait to enter once your time is up, or do they let everyone in the building and have ample seating while they wait?

Tom

There is plenty of seating for everyone inside the building.  The arrival times are so that people enter in an orderly manner to allow them to check people in and move them on to the waiting areas.  It spreads it all out instead of having huge lines of lots and lots of people all at once waiting together.

There are lines clearly marked for the different groups of people, on time arrivals, priority, etc.  The lines if you are in your approved time slot move fast and you are in the building pretty quick.

Know that with as big of gap as you have between your time and the others you mention, you likely will already be on board by the time they get to enter the building for check in.

9 minutes ago, wemjam said:

There is plenty of seating for everyone inside the building.  The arrival times are so that people enter in an orderly manner to allow them to check people in and move them on to the waiting areas.  It spreads it all out instead of having huge lines of lots and lots of people all at once waiting together.

There are lines clearly marked for the different groups of people, on time arrivals, priority, etc.  The lines if you are in your approved time slot move fast and you are in the building pretty quick.

Know that with as big of gap as you have between your time and the others you mention, you likely will already be on board by the time they get to enter the building for check in.

Thanks. The main reason I asked is that some of them had already planned to carpool with each other and their times differ in some cases by over an hour. I want to advise them as best as possible, and don't want to see somebody have to stand outside of building for an hour or more.

Tom

11 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks. The main reason I asked is that some of them had already planned to carpool with each other and their times differ in some cases by over an hour. I want to advise them as best as possible, and don't want to see somebody have to stand outside of building for an hour or more.

Tom

With an hour time difference I don't know if I would chance it.  I do believe they have an "early arrivals" line as well, but it all depends on how many people there are, the gate agents, etc.

Sometimes early arrivals have no issue (I have seen them just waving everyone through regardless of their boarding times), and I have seen them strictly adhere to the arrival windows and turn people away too.

• Like 1