Port of Miami Garage G

ahracer

Sailing on the Scarlet Lady on May 26th and was wondering if garage fills up quickly. Our boarding time isn't until 3:00pm so hoping not to arrive too early to get a parking spot.

Thanks,

Scott

20 hours ago, ahracer said:

Sailing on the Scarlet Lady on May 26th and was wondering if garage fills up quickly. Our boarding time isn't until 3:00pm so hoping not to arrive too early to get a parking spot.

Thanks,

Scott

out of my 3 sailings I was able to park in the close garage (is it G? I didn't pay attention) but on our Christmas cruise the lot was full and we had to park out a ways. I'm guessing because it was a holiday week and other cruise lines were quite full. Either way, there was a very slow shuttle bus that was able to pick up & drop off. Since you are departing on the 26th, which is right before a major holiday, it's possible you could run into the same scenario.
You could drop your bags off and then head on over to park...

On 5/16/2023 at 2:36 PM, ahracer said:

Thanks,

Scott

We have not had an issue finding parking yet. And our last sailing in April had 7 ships in port when we arrived. The HUGE issue is the traffic nightmare that is Port Miami when 7 ships are in port. So much construction going on throughout the port they will lead you back and forth in serpentine.

It took us 3 1/2 hours to drive down from Orlando, then 1 1/2 hours to get through the port to Garage G. It was an absolute mess. There is a turn off to the left that would have taken us directly to Parking Lot G within the first 20 minutes, but they had it blocked off so we had to keep following the flow of traffic. We literally passed that turn off 3 times during our back and forth serpentine. 

Our plan was to arrive around 11am and take the VV shuttle over to Bayside marketplace to relax before the cruise. But we didn't park the car and get to Terminal V until 1pm. Traffic was at near standstill trying to get out of the port so we didn't bother even trying the shuttle. Fortunately boarding moved very quickly so while we had a 2:15 boarding time, we were inside the terminal just before 2. 

4 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

We have not had an issue finding parking yet. And our last sailing in April had 7 ships in port when we arrived. The HUGE issue is the traffic nightmare that is Port Miami when 7 ships are in port. So much construction going on throughout the port they will lead you back and forth in serpentine.

It took us 3 1/2 hours to drive down from Orlando, then 1 1/2 hours to get through the port to Garage G. It was an absolute mess. There is a turn off to the left that would have taken us directly to Parking Lot G within the first 20 minutes, but they had it blocked off so we had to keep following the flow of traffic. We literally passed that turn off 3 times during our back and forth serpentine.

YIKES! I'll be driving down from the Orlando area this Sunday for my cruise... now you have me concerned. On my April cruise I had gone down the day before and was already in Miami. It didn't seem like I had any issue getting to the cruise port and to Terminal V, but perhaps it was a different route?

6 hours ago, lisabucsfan1 said:

YIKES! I'll be driving down from the Orlando area this Sunday for my cruise... now you have me concerned. On my April cruise I had gone down the day before and was already in Miami. It didn't seem like I had any issue getting to the cruise port and to Terminal V, but perhaps it was a different route?

We were great until we hit the main road into the port. Literally right there where you can see the Virgin Voyages ship and you come up that causeway. From the moment we started on the causeway until we were able to park was almost 90 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

I was on the Scarlet Lady May 12-17. I parked in garage G with no problem and no delay. I was glad to get off I-95.

I parked on level 3 at the very end of a row. My car was unblemished.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree
Update
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, NSBFloridaRetiree said:

I was on the Scarlet Lady May 12-17. I parked in garage G with no problem and no delay. I was glad to get off I-95.

I parked on level 3 at the very end of a row. My car was unblemished.

We are planning to come down from Naples taking 75 to 95 to 595 to 395...Was 95 packed after intersecttion of 75?  Dread Miami traffic.

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

We are planning to come down from Naples taking 75 to 95 to 595 to 395...Was 95 packed after intersecttion of 75?  Dread Miami traffic.

We didn't have any problems coming or going. Which is a first!

On 6/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, NSBFloridaRetiree said:

I-95 was very busy from about 25 miles or so north of Miami to the cruise port. I used the express lanes because the regular lanes were stop and go.

Brightline from Orlando to Miami cannot open soon enough for me! 

• Like 2