Nieuw Amsterdam stateroom VE7122 question

1JockeyGirl

Hello all! So excited to have just been assigned Cabin VE 7122 on the Nieuw Amsterdam southbound Alaska cruise departing May 28. We had a balcony guarantee and are happy with this assignment as it has the plexiglass clear balcony railing.

Does anyone have any idea what is contained in the area directly across the hall from this cabin? I am assuming it’s a storage area.

We are starting our adventure with Hal’s train trip and 2 nights in Denali. (Actually we arrive a day early and have RT train to Seward with a whale watching cruise booked. This is after an eight hour layover in Chicago where we are going to take the train into town and do an architectural tour and hopefully see Chonkosauras the massive, snapping turtle that lives in Chicago!)

This is our first time cruising on Holland America, so any tips or tricks would be much appreciated! We have previously cruised with Norwegian, Celebrity, and Carnival. We have orange shirts packed.

Thanks so much in advance!

IMG_2206.jpeg

Edited by 1JockeyGirl

I am on tis cruise as well. Not sure what that area is. I will be in 7094. Not doing a land tour. getting in on the 27the and taking the train in to the port. First time HAL cruiser as well. 

Its a crew and emergency staircase. Little or nothing can be stored there because emergency exits can't be blocked or cluttered in any way. You might hear the door close from time to time...employees go up and down that staircase regularly.

Internal staircase for crew.  It will not be a noisy area.  7122 should be a great room.  It has staterooms above and below and is not a connecting room.  You can see the layout of similar staterooms on halfacts.com.  You will enjoy the scenic trip down Turnagain Arm to Seward. Have a great cruise.

Well, drats! I was hoping it was a secret cat cafe!

Looks like a great location. Very pleased to not be in a steel rail balcony on 4 fwd.

Thank you all for taking the time to answer. Denise - we will see you in just over a week!

Fingers crossed for good weather!

Cheers,

Amy

4 hours ago, 1JockeyGirl said:

Hello all! So excited to have just been assigned Cabin VE 7122 on the Nieuw Amsterdam southbound Alaska cruise departing May 28. We had a balcony guarantee and are happy with this assignment as it has the plexiglass clear balcony railing.

Does anyone have any idea what is contained in the area directly across the hall from this cabin? I am assuming it’s a storage area.

We are starting our adventure with Hal’s train trip and 2 nights in Denali. (Actually we arrive a day early and have RT train to Seward with a whale watching cruise booked. This is after an eight hour layover in Chicago where we are going to take the train into town and do an architectural tour and hopefully see Chonkosauras the massive, snapping turtle that lives in Chicago!)

This is our first time cruising on Holland America, so any tips or tricks would be much appreciated! We have previously cruised with Norwegian, Celebrity, and Carnival. We have orange shirts packed.

Thanks so much in advance!

I am currently aboard the NA and more than willing to answer any questions on my live thread her   :Live From Nieuw Amsterdam 6 - 21 May.

Here is a link to your MDR MenusAlaska 2023 MDR Menus

Here is a link to the Late Snack Menus:  Lido Market Late Snack Buffet 7-Days