Wi-Fi of 1 device for 2 passengers vs Wi-Fi for 2 devices for 1 passenger

lostchild

10 hours ago, suzzek said:

Thanks for the info. I’m leaning toward the basic Wi-Fi package. It’s only a seven day cruise to AK and I think we can get by.  Everyone has had great input, which I greatly appreciate!

Keep in mind your US cellular plan works in Alaska and Canada so when your ship is in port you may not need WiFi at all and may be able to get by just using your cell phone when inport.  

2 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

We have a travel router for this purpose works great. You can use all the devices you want off one connection. 

If you have a windows laptop it has a built in "wifi router" so you do not need to buy an additional router; it's also one single click to turn it on

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes.

95% they were asking if an ipad had a "wifi router" like a windows laptop, it apparantely doesn't 

Screenshot from a windows PC

image.png.0fef1ab65d34bba35ef5355a8b9ac83c.png

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Keep in mind your US cellular plan works in Alaska and Canada so when your ship is in port you may not need WiFi at all and may be able to get by just using your cell phone when inport.  

Thanks for you input! Our land in MT boarders Canada and in the past, when I’m visiting our son, who lives a mile south of the boarder, I’ve been roaming.  I just shut my phone off so I don’t incur roaming charges. Now I will check in with Verizon b/c maybe things have changed. You’ve been very helpful!

2 minutes ago, suzzek said:

Thanks for you input! Our land in MT boarders Canada and in the past, when I’m visiting our son, who lives a mile south of the boarder, I’ve been roaming.  I just shut my phone off so I don’t incur roaming charges. Now I will check in with Verizon b/c maybe things have changed. You’ve been very helpful!

Interesting I thought all US based cellular plans included Canada.  I have not paid roaming charges in years but then again I have not been with Verizon.  

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Interesting I thought all US based cellular plans included Canada.  I have not paid roaming charges in years but then again I have not been with Verizon.  

If one has a main carrier (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile) than it is, if one has a pre-pay contract carrier it usually doesn't as they only contract US cell phone towers from the major carriers...Some examples are Visible, StraightTalk, Mint, etc

• Thanks 1