Liberty overbooked...if we said we'd take an offer, how soon will be know if we got it?

Long story short, got an offer about my May 27th cruise.  Option 1:  Full refund and we still said in an Ocean View room instead of a balcony.  Not for me.  I suffer from motion sickness and have to be able to get out.  Option 2:  Full refund, 50% FCC, and refund for nonrefundable travel expenses like airfare.  I followed the link, and indicated I'd take Option 2.  The response after submitting was that this was first come first served and I'd get an email.  Any experience from people who've done this?  How long before you knew?  I'd like to plan other travel if I could for the same period, and the more lead time the better!  

1 hour ago, shadesofgrey said:

Long story short, got an offer about my May 27th cruise.  Option 1:  Full refund and we still said in an Ocean View room instead of a balcony.  Not for me.  I suffer from motion sickness and have to be able to get out.  Option 2:  Full refund, 50% FCC, and refund for nonrefundable travel expenses like airfare.  I followed the link, and indicated I'd take Option 2.  The response after submitting was that this was first come first served and I'd get an email.  Any experience from people who've done this?  How long before you knew?  I'd like to plan other travel if I could for the same period, and the more lead time the better!  

Some got a letter and the email 3 weeks. May 27 is sooner .. very soon. You may not know before your cruise. If I was flying in or had to pay for a hotel before the email said I'd know I'd have passed. If there is a date to know by it's in your email. Each situation is different. Your cruise is sooner. No one here will know when.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shadesofgrey said:

I did. The question was asked a few times in a few of the threads, but there were no answers.  

Starting another thread is unlikely to get you an answer any sooner - we'll have to wait for feedback from cruisers on any potential timing but wouldn't count on being able to tease out any kind of pattern from that. This is like a GTY booking situation - you may not find out till fairly close in and the answers will vary.

Good to know.  The one time I booked a GTY, I didn't know where I was until I got to the port.  The email does have dates, apply by the 22nd/hear by the 23rd.  I was hoping there'd have been a common experience (for example, getting a response within 48 hours).

9 hours ago, shadesofgrey said:

What date please. I would take a free cruise any day! On a cot in guest services would be fine.

• Like 2