Pier 91 Seattle

bavrail18

First double ship day of the season and there were a few hiccups in getting everyone off the ships, especially the Ovation.  

Good news was that terminal doors opened just after 10 AM, and we could start checking in passengers..  I think the first passengers were on board by 11:30 AM.  (These times will become even earlier over the coming weeks)

At 8:30  AM I did not see any lines for taxis or Ubers.  A fair number of airporter motorcoaches were awaiting passengers.

Generally speaking, the terminal operations continue to improve and become more streamlined as the season goes on.  From my perspective, I thought today went pretty well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Returning on Aug 3 which is a Thursday. 

I have early debark.  If I book my flight out at 10:30 — is that cutting it too close?

That is cutting it too close. Many threads here suggest not before 11:30...some will try 11:00.

• Thanks 1

@Ferry_Watcher how have the waits been to get on the ships these days?  Have they ironed out the kinks yet?  We are leaving on this Monday, June12th on Quantum of the Seas.  And is early better than late, I assume?  Our time slot is 11:30 but we would like to arrive earlier than that.  TIA for your info!

3 hours ago, mbjonsn said:

@Ferry_Watcher how have the waits been to get on the ships these days?  Have they ironed out the kinks yet?  We are leaving on this Monday, June12th on Quantum of the Seas.  And is early better than late, I assume?  Our time slot is 11:30 but we would like to arrive earlier than that.  TIA for your info!

@mbjonsn

We just sailed on the Celebrity Solstice from 5/26 to 6/2. We were at Pier91 with the Ovation of the Seas. I think the Quantum will be the only ship there on 6/12.

We arrived in a Lyft car at noon. 4 adults and 5 suitcases. The car dropped us off in front of the terminal.

As soon as we got out of the car I spotted a porter with a luggage cart. I asked him to take our luggage. I gave him a tip and he was off.

We walked to the terminal entrance and a couple of ladies checked for passport and Xpress Pass. We then went upstairs to security. Went pretty quick.

Then we went to the actual check-in. Done with tablets and super quick.

We were on the ship about 30 minutes after getting out of car.

Disembarkation was pretty smooth. Since we were staying in an AirBnb ( could not drop luggage at AirBnb until 11:00) we took the latest group to get off the ship. We walked off about 10 and collected our luggage. One case had a corner ripped off so we had to stop and file a report. After that we went through a passport check. Easy. We left the terminal and walked to the ride share lot. (About 10 mins). There are also shuttle buses to go there. Our driver showed up about 10 mins after we got to the lot.

As far as getting there early I can't give you any advice. Around 10 AM it was pretty hectic in front of the terminal with people arriving and departing.

There are several videos about pier 91 on YouTube. Just search "Pier 91 Seattle"

• Thanks 2

@mbjonsn, terminal doors have been opening around 10 AM, and passengers are beginning to walk on to the Quantum around 10:45 AM.

Very helpful if you do your online check-in and make sure you fill it out completely, including an emergency contact phone # and have a credit card on file.

Ships are sailing full, but we are able to get thru check-in fairly quickly.- the security screen can be a bit slow, but if folks are prepared and ready it helps!

• Like 3