Brand Ambassador John Heald announces special guests on the Venezia's transatlantic

Nope, not the man himself. ☹️  I'll quote from his FB post (emphasis mine):

[F]or those of you sailing on the Carnival Venezia Trans Atlantic you will be joined by Christine Duffy and our Chief Culinary Officer Emeril Lagasse. They will both host some special events and one of those is a chance to cook with this fabulous, brilliant chef.

There is a charge for this and the money will of course benefit ST. Jude Childrens Research Hospital . The cooking demo will be in Il Viaggio and how brilliant that you will get a chance to learn and from the master of Bam himself. More details will be given once you are on board.

Sorry for the interruption.  Now you can go back to your previous discussions.

• Like 1

I take that back. On Saturday he is going to fly to Barcelona for a night to meet travel agents. The next day he is going to go to Tarragona (close to Barcelona) and get on Venezia because it will be docked there for one night before going to Barcelona early the next morning. He will record a tour of the ship on Sunday, then meet guests in the lobby and talking to Christine Duffy on Monday (departure date). He will then fly to New York on the 12th (home first of course) to film something special then host a ceremony on Venezia on the 14th.

18 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I take that back. On Saturday he is going to fly to Barcelona for a night to meet travel agents. The next day he is going to go to Tarragona (close to Barcelona) and get on Venezia because it will be docked there for one night before going to Barcelona early the next morning. He will record a tour of the ship on Sunday, then meet guests in the lobby and talking to Christine Duffy on Monday (departure date). He will then fly to New York on the 12th (home first of course) to film something special then host a ceremony on Venezia on the 14th.

I am boarding on the 19th can't he just hang around a couple of days longer ?

• Like 1

Funny that JH would be making that announcement now.  There was a press release about that nearly two months ago. . . 

CARNIVAL PRESIDENT CHRISTINE DUFFY AND CHIEF CULINARY OFFICER EMERIL LAGASSE TO WELCOME GUESTS ON CARNIVAL VENEZIA’S FIRST SAILING

MIAMI, March 29, 2023 – As it prepares for the debut of “Fun Italian Style,” Carnival Cruise Line announced today that its President Christine Duffy and Chief Culinary Officer Emeril Lagasse will welcome guests aboard Carnival Venezia’s first sailing departing Barcelona on May 29, 2023, and they will sail for the first part of the cruise.

Guests will have the opportunity to meet and interact with them while experiencing all that Carnival’s new “Fun Italian Style” cruising has to offer. Programming highlights include a Sail Away Party and Captain’s Venetian Toast with Christine and Emeril, guest appearances on The Wave Morning Show, a special Fireside Chat, along with their participation in other events and entertainment.

And of course, it wouldn’t be an Emeril sailing without a special cooking demonstration! Guests will have the opportunity to learn from the pro himself on the sailing’s first sea day. Spaces for the private cooking demonstration can be purchased once on board and will be filled on a first-come first-served basis. Proceeds will serve as a fundraiser for Carnival’s charitable partner St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

“We are eagerly awaiting the debut of Carnival Venezia and so we wanted to welcome the ship with ‘BAM’ by having Emeril join me on board as we interact with guests and show off this beautiful ship,” said Duffy. “Together for the first part of Carnival Venezia’s first sailing, we’ll experience Carnival’s signature fun with a new Italian flair, exclusive onboard events and beautiful European destinations – I can’t wait!”

The 15-day Transatlantic Carnival Journeys cruise from Barcelona will stop in Malaga, Spain; Gibraltar; Lisbon, Portugal; Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal; and Halifax, NS, Canada on the way to New York’s Manhattan Cruise Terminal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1