(live from Eurodam... )

Hi all.

It is WED here in Alaska.  We will be at Sitka in about an hour.  Light rain.

To be honest, my cell carrier has only had service in Juneau.  And, now again as we prepare to arrive.

My cruise, thus far, has been enjoyable.  In addition, there has been a few twists and turns.  A nice bevy of pleasant events.  A scoop of controversey.  And, a slight shake-up.

When i return home to LV, Nevada.. i will go in-depth with a report on my trip.  I will furnish photos.  And of course have the posession of better internet!

---Matthew

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This was on the way to Juneau.

It was taken with a cell phone.  A phone that is a Samsung which is aging, and could probably be found in a thrift store for the sum of $4.00.

But, enough bout that.  I like the lido at at an EARLY hour.  Before a large amount of guests and staff.  Calming.  Relaxing.

----Matthew

• Like 10

8 hours ago, MisterMatthew said:

This was on the way to Juneau.

It was taken with a cell phone.  A phone that is a Samsung which is aging, and could probably be found in a thrift store for the sum of $4.00.

But, enough bout that.  I like the lido at at an EARLY hour.  Before a large amount of guests and staff.  Calming.  Relaxing.

----Matthew

Beautiful video ! Do you find HAL's overhead music in the Lido and outdoors irritating in the morning ?  It drives me nuts.  🙂 

Edited by Boatdrill
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MisterMatthew said:

Hi all.

It is WED here in Alaska.  We will be at Sitka in about an hour.  Light rain.

To be honest, my cell carrier has only had service in Juneau.  And, now again as we prepare to arrive.

My cruise, thus far, has been enjoyable.  In addition, there has been a few twists and turns.  A nice bevy of pleasant events.  A scoop of controversey.  And, a slight shake-up.

When i return home to LV, Nevada.. i will go in-depth with a report on my trip.  I will furnish photos.  And of course have the posession of better internet!

---Matthew

Looking forward to your report!  We will be on this cruise Sept. 2...3rd time on the Eurodam.  Did they offer Port Valet this time?  It makes flying home so much easier🙂!  It wasn't offered a year ago in June on the Westerdam and the SEA airport was a nightmare.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Loreto said:

Looking forward to your report!  We will be on this cruise Sept. 2...3rd time on the Eurodam.  Did they offer Port Valet this time?  It makes flying home so much easier🙂!  It wasn't offered a year ago in June on the Westerdam and the SEA airport was a nightmare.

We were on Eurodam April 29 - May 6 Seattle round-trip- Port Valet was offered and worked flawlessly. Flew Alaska air DFW.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

We were on Eurodam April 29 - May 6 Seattle round-trip- Port Valet was offered and worked flawlessly. Flew Alaska air DFW.

Thanks Haljo 1935!

Karen

20 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Beautiful video ! Do you find HAL's overhead music in the Lido and outdoors irritating in the morning ?  It drives me nuts.  🙂 

Hiya, Boatdrill.. to be honest the sound level has been minimal.  That is good.  The music choices have been mellow.  There has not been any "hip hop".  That is AWESOME!

---- Matthew (in Ketchikan, all aboard is in 6 min)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Loreto said:

Yes, it is offered.

I did not select it.  But, CAN see where it would ease some nerves.

---Matthew