MSC Club Member number only showing for 1 of 2 on booking details

publicpersona

I've noticed that even though I supply MSC Club Member numbers for both of us in a stateroom when booking, only one appears on the booking details. Is that standard procedure, or do I need to be concerned that Player 2 is not getting credit for the cruise?

While it may be true that discount on the booking and onboard benefits won't be any different, it may make a difference in maintaining current status for Player 2.

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

I've noticed that even though I supply MSC Club Member numbers for both of us in a stateroom when booking, only one appears on the booking details. Is that standard procedure, or do I need to be concerned that Player 2 is not getting credit for the cruise?

While it may be true that discount on the booking and onboard benefits won't be any different, it may make a difference in maintaining current status for Player 2.

I have the same thing with my reservation and it does not show an OBC for the other passenger which they should get for being Gold status. I tried calling and got absolutely no help. I also sent an email which I have not heard back on, nor do I expect to. I don't sail for a while and will try again sometime. I know I am entitled to it, but time is also money and spending too much time for only $50 may not be worth it.

This happened on our last booking (made Nov 2022 for Oct 2023). I emailed MSCExistingReservations@msccruiseusa.com with the issue (mainly no $50 OBC due to no VC# showing for DH) my booking number, my VC number, and spouse's VC number. I received a reply the same day that the number had been added. I also received a new cruise statement that showed his number AND his OBC.

HTH's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mvh said:

but time is also money and spending too much time for only $50 may not be worth it.

In my case, we booked within 6 months of sailing so there isn't even a $50 to be concerned about. But I would be livid if we lost Player 2's status match due to 3 years inactivity when in fact she has been sailing regularly with MSC.

For what it's worth, she had not set up an MSC account but once she did, found that she had indeed received points for the prior sailings even though her Voyager's Club number did not appear on the booking.

Nevertheless, I sent off a request to add her number to the booking and I'll see how that goes.

Still trying to get the discount added as OBC to my son’s reservation. TA is not being very helpful, says she was told it can’t be done as the cabin category is sold out.