Any significant advantages to paying in-full before the deadline ?

nwnittany

1 minute ago, nwnittany said:

Is it possible for a mortal (non-travel agent or vacation planner) to re-fare on their own using the princess website (assuming they also initially booked on the website) ? 

You can mock book all to your hearts content and see if there are any better deals. If there are just pick up the phone and call princess and ask for a refare. If you are already paid in full before final payment date you just get negative balance on your booking that you can ask to be refunded.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nwnittany said:

Is it possible for a mortal (non-travel agent or vacation planner) to re-fare on their own using the princess website (assuming they also initially booked on the website) ? 

No, a guest cannot re-fare their own booking.  It requires direct access to POLAR by either a Princess rep, a Princess CVP, or a TA who knows how to use POLAR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwnittany said:

Thanks community - very helpful posts.  I owe y'all a drink on the next cruise.  If you were snarky (nobody was) then I'll present you with a premium dessert. 

Everyone seems to be mocking those enormous desserts and I wouldn't waste the calories, but my kids would eat them 😉

You can call to request a re-fare for a lower price before final payment date regardless of whether you are paid in full or not.

You can book dining reservations even if not paid in full (okay, there seems to be varying results--but I am not paid in full and was able to book dining reservations using the web version, not the app. I have no status or anything that would give me early access)

You can book shore excursions and other prepaid expenses without being paid in full.