Bringing food back onto the ship from port

Mrs. Spiff and I are disagreeing with a point, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

We're going in a few months on the Viva in the Mediterranean.  She wants to get some feta cheese in Greece to bring back onto the ship to eat later on (not to bring home -- I'm pretty sure that's not allowed).

I'm of the impression that it's not allowed, and she thinks otherwise.  I do see where there is a "prepackaged" exception to allow foods back onto the ship buried among the rules, but I'm not sure it applies to feta.

Let me know what y'all think.  Thanks!

In Portland, several passengers tried to bring donuts from Holy Donuts back onboard.  Not allowed.  Everyone who bought them had to either throw them out or eat them before boarding the ship.

(Most people ate them!)

It may also depend on the packaging.  If it's in a factory sealed package I would think it would be allowed, but probably not if it's just in a plastic container or ziplock.

Good luck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Mrs. Spiff and I are disagreeing with a point, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

We're going in a few months on the Viva in the Mediterranean.  She wants to get some feta cheese in Greece to bring back onto the ship to eat later on (not to bring home -- I'm pretty sure that's not allowed).

I'm of the impression that it's not allowed, and she thinks otherwise.  I do see where there is a "prepackaged" exception to allow foods back onto the ship buried among the rules, but I'm not sure it applies to feta.

Let me know what y'all think.  Thanks!

As long as the food item is sealed in its original retail packaging, there should be no problem.  We have done it many times.  If you have an opened package of cookies, donuts, or other similar items, though, it likely would not be allowed.

• Like 3