Babies on excursions

prncsscruiser

Does anyone have experience booking excursions for your family with a baby? We are going to Alaska this summer and I was hoping to book some excursions through the Princess.  I saw on their website that for most excursions kids under 2 are free, however that is not the case for anything.  My daughter is 9 months old and every single excursion we’ve looked at they want to charge us the full kids price.  I’ve called princess and to be honest it doesnt seem like anyone knows and are just going off what the website is doing. Has anyone figured this out? Paying hundreds for my 9 month old to be carried around is just a hard pill to swallow. For reference we are looking at the gold panning and dog musher camp excursion. Third party companies she is free but of course they don’t have times that work with us. They wanted to charge us for the lumberjack show for her as well….went ahead and booked that on our own since direct she is free. 

• Haha 1

Most AK towns the ships go to are walkable.  If you can bring a stroller? That would be

easy to do on your own.

Or rent a car with a carseat. 

Easier to get around on your own and less exposure for your baby.

You really don't need to book excursions and be subjected to buses and lots of humans.

If you have questions about a particular town?

Ask away....

• Like 2

Look at the FAQ for Excursions. It says:

Toddlers aged 2 and younger sitting on a parent's lap (not occupying a seat), are not charged for most excursions. If a parent would like their infant to occupy a seat or would like to utilize a safety seat, the parent must purchase an excursion ticket for the infant at the published excursion price. Parents are also responsible for bringing a safety seat for their child.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/pre-cruise/shore-excursions/. Have you tried just booking yourself and spouse and not booking the baby? It sounds like you should be able to just show up with the baby as long as she doesn't occupy a seat.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, prncsscruiser said:

Does anyone have experience booking excursions for your family with a baby? We are going to Alaska this summer and I was hoping to book some excursions through the Princess.  I saw on their website that for most excursions kids under 2 are free, however that is not the case for anything.  My daughter is 9 months old and every single excursion we’ve looked at they want to charge us the full kids price.  I’ve called princess and to be honest it doesnt seem like anyone knows and are just going off what the website is doing. Has anyone figured this out? Paying hundreds for my 9 month old to be carried around is just a hard pill to swallow. For reference we are looking at the gold panning and dog musher camp excursion. Third party companies she is free but of course they don’t have times that work with us. They wanted to charge us for the lumberjack show for her as well….went ahead and booked that on our own since direct she is free. 

Hello, I wanted to follow up with the original poster on how your cruise went and booking excursions. We are traveling with our daughter who will be 18 months when we go to Alaska in May.  You are correct, that the portal charges the full kids rate when booking online/app. I called, and was told that it would be the child's rate, but then told the representative that according to the FAQ "Toddlers aged 2 and younger sitting on a parent's lap (not occupying a seat), are not charged for most excursions".  After she read it herself, she said that was correct and we would only need to book for my wife and I, then notify the shore excursions desk on the boat that we are traveling with an infant.

Was this how booking and going on any excursion was handled? Would you do anything different?

Edited by Reign1Supreme
Typo