NCL PRIMAS/NCL

Sam The Cat

I   am booked on NCL Prima next year after due to covid on ships I was not able to sail

I was just wondering if NCL brought back martini tasting where you can have 5 different martini samples for $25 over a time period of   an hour or hour and half.  In the past I have always gone to the tasting and enjoyed myself along with anyone I could convince to  join me.  Some of my new friends and me would continue to have a couple of more after class just relax and talk.  They live/lived in the NYC/NJ area with me living in the Albany area. (a long story but I live in the Buffalo, NY area 

The other question is there a get together when you may get dressed up to have your photo taken with the Captain or a member of his staff who spends an hour or so having their photo taken with you of course a cost to you if you want the photo.  It was held on a sea day which I believe the 2nd full day at sea.   The reason I am asking I am planning on buying a dinner package for this night which I get a bottle of wine in the room the first night, dinner with another bottle of  wine, 2 photos taken of  you and the person you take to dinner 

and snacks delivered to your room during the week.    The restaurant is La Bistro which I would make reservations of 730pm since the photo session ends at 6pm which gives us time to freshen up and have a drink before dinner.

Thank You for any info that you can provide me.

28 minutes ago, Sam The Cat said:

The other question is there a get together when you may get dressed up to have your photo taken with the Captain or a member of his staff who spends an hour or so having their photo taken with you of course a cost to you if you want the photo.  It was held on a sea day which I believe the 2nd full day at sea.   The reason I am asking I am planning on buying a dinner package for this night which I get a bottle of wine in the room the first night, dinner with another bottle of  wine, 2 photos taken of  you and the person you take to dinner 

and snacks delivered to your room during the week.    The restaurant is La Bistro which I would make reservations of 730pm since the photo session ends at 6pm which gives us time to freshen up and have a drink before dinner.

Thank You for any info that you can provide me.

NCL used to trot out the Captain one night for a few minutes. I have not seen that since the pandemic. The Captain continues to attend events like the VIP party in the Haven where he is available for photos. 

There are no formal nights on NCL. NCL embraces Freestyle cruising where shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro and Ocean Blue (on large ships) or Le Bistro and the aft main dining room on small ships where gents are asked to wear long pants (jeans or dockers are fine)

Photographers are available every night at multiple locations on the ship to take those semi-formal pictures if you get dressed up. 

Hi Sam!

The last martini tasting I did was just before Covid hit and I was on the Bliss. It was certainly not 1 1/2 hours--the bartenders were so fast serving everything, I was 3 behind all the time. Hopefully that was just that particular bartender because all the others I have done in the past have been relaxed, a ton of fun, informative and just a great time all around.

The Prima had several tasting events you could sign up to for an extra charge; the list was out at the Metropolitan Bar near the entrance to the Humidor cigar lounge on Deck 7. I don't recall if martini tasting was on the list but whisky, rum and multiple wine events. Most were early to mid afternoon in the metropolitan although I think they ended up using Palomar for the black glass champagne tasting.

12 hours ago, Sam The Cat said:

I was just wondering if NCL brought back martini tasting where you can have 5 different martini samples for $25 over a time period of   an hour or hour and half.  In the past I have always gone to the tasting and enjoyed myself along with anyone I could convince to  join me.  Some of my new friends and me would continue to have a couple of more after class just relax and talk.  They live/lived in the NYC/NJ area with me living in the Albany area. (a long story but I live in the Buffalo, NY area 

Was available on my recent Breakaway sailing (did not attend).

IMG_4149.jpeg

Just a quick note to all of you who responded to my question regarding martini classes and the La Bistro package with wine and 2 included photographs.  I am glad hopefully, there will be martini classes as I met people via the Meet and Greet where their spouse didn't  drink martinis so her and I would meet at the classes and have our 5 martinis  then maybe continue at the Martini Bar  We kept in touch for a while until she discovered NCL cruises in Europe which we have no desire to go to Europe with the wife does not have the vacation time so we will stick to cruises leaving NYC for either the Carribean or Canada But once the wife retires in 10 years we will go to Alaska   As far as the La Bistro we will just go to La Bisto as it is one of our favorite places to eat on NCL along with Cagney's and The Bar on a Sunday afternoon watching the Bills play and hopefully on their way to the Super Bowl.   I would not have minded to pay the money for the package   wiwh La Bisto which included 2 bottles of wine, dinner and the 2 photos but not not that if I have get a  $1200 photo package I rather get my 2 photos which I guess is taken in the studio,  If they did take photos of us around the ship ok as long as we can pick and chose which extra photo(s) who would like and not at a marked up price