From Rome Airport to Cruise Ship Terminal?

USCAdventurer

Has anyone needed to go from the Rome Airport to the Cruise Ship Terminal?  I hope so.  I need advice on the best form of transport from the airport to the ship.  I'd rather not spend over $200 for a private taxi if I don't have to.  I am limited in my walking ability and walk with a cane.  Haveing luggage doesn't help either.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's not clear whether you're aware that it is an hour from the airport to Civitavecchia cruise port, hence the expensive taxi ride. Private transfers can be arranged in advance -- you'll pay +/- 140 euros for two in a private car or you can book a shared shuttle (up to 8 people) for as little as 70-90 euro per couple. 

The train is cumbersome, involving a change of trains as well as at least one shuttle to the port from the train station in Civitavecchia, all of which involve you managing your own luggage. I wouldn't suggest it if you have limited mobility.

A final thought -- as you typed "I" rather than "we" -- it might be cost effective and simple to find out if you can purchase a transfer to the port from your cruiseline. A good many offer it even if you didn't book your air through them, especially if you are flying in the day of the cruise (which in general if not recommended if flying in overseas....)

• Like 1

I am cruising on Crystal Cruises and I asked them if they proovide  (for a fee) transport to the ship and they said no.  since they are just starting up new cruises they may offer something in the future but Rome is not a busy terminal for them.  i'll try to find a shared shuttle.  thanks for responding to my post.

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

I am cruising on Crystal Cruises and I asked them if they proovide  (for a fee) transport to the ship and they said no.  since they are just starting up new cruises they may offer something in the future but Rome is not a busy terminal for them.  i'll try to find a shared shuttle.  thanks for responding to my post.

I have used sharedshuttle.it but there are many others that have been recommended on this board if you do a little reading. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 6:27 PM, USC Adventurer said:

Has anyone needed to go from the Rome Airport to the Cruise Ship Terminal?  I hope so.  I need advice on the best form of transport from the airport to the ship.  I'd rather not spend over $200 for a private taxi if I don't have to.  I am limited in my walking ability and walk with a cane.  Haveing luggage doesn't help either.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check with Mia Limo.  Used them recently for all of our transportation and they had the best rates when we booked.  (I checked 11 companies). Their website quotes 130€ from FCO to Civi.  They were prompt with emails, early for each pick up, friendly and cars were very clean.  

• Thanks 1