Summit debarking in Bayonne. Cab/car arrangement?

Hi. We are from NY and need to arrange a towncar, Uber or Cab to return home after the Summit gets back to Bayonne from Bermuda in a couple of weeks.   Has anyone done this recently? Is 8:00 a.m. a reliable time or would later be safer? We can also wing it and get an Uber once we return, but sometimes it’s better to have a towncar, like Carmel, waiting upon arrival.  Advice from locals would be helpful. Thanks. 

I have my driver pick me up at 8:45.  I text when I'm on the way off the ship before  I have my luggage; he waits a few minutes away. I turn left out of the building to meet him.  There are lots of stories about a shortage of Uber and taxi drivers at the port on some days.  

• Thanks 1

It may depend on you disembarkation time.   Usually walk offs beginning around 7:00 followed by Suites and Zeinth.     Final call is usually 9:00 and b2b processing at 9:15.

If you don't get an early slot I understand you can ask for an earlier time be going to the Front Desk.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, JFontaine said:

I have my driver pick me up at 8:45.  I text when I'm on the way off the ship before  I have my luggage; he waits a few minutes away. I turn left out of the building to meet him.  There are lots of stories about a shortage of Uber and taxi drivers at the port on some days.  

Do you have a contact for your driver or car service you would be willing to share? We will need transporatation from Bayonne to Manhattan (Westin Times Sq.) for a post cruise stay in July. Many thanks 🙂

I have a personal driver and also use Communicar, which is one of the companies known as 'black car' companies in NYC.  There I ask for Presidential services, which is their VIP service (more expensive).  I use Presidential services with their top drivers cars and dispatch service because I'm usually with my elderly mom and I want to lessen the chances of something going wrong (occasionally it still does, like an assigned driver quitting and not telling anyone and leaving my mom stranded in Atlantic City - luckily we found a replacement quickly). For a ride like yours where it doesn't matter if you are a few minutes late, I'd check out their regular service.  I think you will need to open an account in advance. 718-418-1200  and Communicar.com. 

• Like 1