RCI Odyssey or Celebrity Beyond

I have sailed both Odyssey and Edge several times. In general Celebrity is a more upscale experience. If you ever consider a Sky Suite or above then hands down I would choose one of the Edge class ships...having access the The Retreat makes for a really upgraded experience. The biggest draw back to Edge class as mentioned above, if not in a suite or sunset veranda is the infinite verandas. The infinite veranda isn't a real balcony experience...it's a glorified ceiling to glass window that the top half opens....sometimes. The infinite veranda is an either you love it or hate it....haven't met a lot of people in the middle.If you are sailing Alaska or a cool climate experience I may think differently, but for warm weather the infinite veranda is a deal breaker for me.

Both ships are beautiful and Odyssey is probably going to be as close to a Celebrity experience you will get while sailing Royal Caribbean as it's basically a Solstice class ship that has been Royal Caribean'ized.

Entertainment wise Odyssey wins out as Celebrity entertainment tends to be a bit more conservative. Activity wise Odyssey again hands down wins out...so many activities. I would say overall Edge class is a bit more luxurious felling overall ship wise. 

Bottom line you can't really go wrong with either...it just depends what you are looking for....more activities or a more upscale experience.

• Like 1

Service: Celebrity, but Royal not far behind

Food: Celebrity

Drinks/Bars: Celebrity

Activities: Royal

Entertainment: Royal

If you're easily bored, I'd go with Royal. If you're looking for a bit more of a luxurious (but subdued) experience, I'd go with Celebrity.

I have no direct experience with the Infinite Verandas yet, but looking forward to trying them. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser