How to get others to join a shared tour?

balsam88

I found a tour of the Amalfi coast that we're interested in for July 7. How do I get to find others interested in joining to reduce the price per person? Right now it's just me and my husband and we'd love to have more on board. I did not find any other groups with open spots for this specific tour so I'll have to create a new group. I tried posting on a facebook group for our tour and no one responded. 

You should post the request on the Cruise Critic Roll Call board for your specific cruise.  Go to the Roll Call area, click on your cruise line, than your ship, and search for a thread for your particular cruise dates.

Hank

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, balsam88 said:

I found a tour of the Amalfi coast that we're interested in for July 7. How do I get to find others interested in joining to reduce the price per person? Right now it's just me and my husband and we'd love to have more on board. I did not find any other groups with open spots for this specific tour so I'll have to create a new group. I tried posting on a facebook group for our tour and no one responded. 

hi, which tour is this?  TIA

31 minutes ago, SuziQ1 said:

I found 2 or 3 tours on different sites that do Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. The more the cheaper it gets. Just trying to get an idea if more people are willing to join before I create a group and give the company a credit card. 

9 minutes ago, balsam88 said:

Sorry i forgot to mention Symphony of the seas July 7th. 

I will link you to your Roll Call tomorrow if nobody else does before then. I will say it's getting a little late in the game, but not out of the question.

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I will link you to your Roll Call tomorrow if nobody else does before then. I will say it's getting a little late in the game, but not out of the question.

6 hours ago, SuziQ1 said:

could it be this one although it is listed as July 2 and not July 7

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2894756-symphony-of-the-seas-july-2-2023-western-med/

I will just post my usual warning about Amalfi Coast tours.  One of the most interesting places to visit is the cliffside town of Positano.  Only smaller vehicles (i.e. cars, small vans) are permitted to enter into Positano and drive down the single (one-way) road that weaves its way into the town.  Tour buses are NOT permitted on that road.  If a tour description says something like "you will see Positano" that usually means you will see the town from the Amalfi Drive (a road) that is above the town.  Ideally, you want a small vehicle tour that makes it clear your will go into Positano and have time to walk around (near the bottom) and perhaps even have lunch in that town.

And finally I will reiterate that cruise line excursions, that use typical tour buses, will not get you into Positano!  "Seeing Positano is akin to seeing New York City from New Jersey.

Hank

1 hour ago, balsam88 said:

Yes it’s this one thanks for sharing! July 7 is the day we’re in that port. 

balsam 88, just pointing out in a kindly way, that should you be looking in the future for any other Roll Call, apart from cruiseline, and name of ship, you will find it (or you yourself start it) with the date of embarkation and not the date of one of your ports of call. That way it is easier for all pax on that sailing to find it.

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I will just post my usual warning about Amalfi Coast tours.  One of the most interesting places to visit is the cliffside town of Positano.  Only smaller vehicles (i.e. cars, small vans) are permitted to enter into Positano and drive down the single (one-way) road that weaves its way into the town.  Tour buses are NOT permitted on that road.  If a tour description says something like "you will see Positano" that usually means you will see the town from the Amalfi Drive (a road) that is above the town.  Ideally, you want a small vehicle tour that makes it clear your will go into Positano and have time to walk around (near the bottom) and perhaps even have lunch in that town.

And finally I will reiterate that cruise line excursions, that use typical tour buses, will not get you into Positano!  "Seeing Positano is akin to seeing New York City from New Jersey.

Hank

Yes I read stuff about that. Are “mini buses” allowed in? I saw several tours that are smaller and some include a mini bus if it’s more than 8 people but less than 20. 

1 hour ago, balsam88 said:

Yes I read stuff about that. Are “mini buses” allowed in? I saw several tours that are smaller and some include a mini bus if it’s more than 8 people but less than 20. 

I am not sure of the exact cut-off for vehicle size.  But this is a great question to ask any tour operator, before you book!  I might add that this is also a problem with using third party booking companies (such as Viator) where you do not even get to deal with the actual tour operator until long after you have booked.

I will add that I have driven (rental car) into Positano and parking is always a real problem.  In fact, as you near Positano (on the Amalfi Drive) you will notice a very long line (sometimes a mile) of cars parked along the road...many of which are tourists and others are even folks that work in Positano.  There are a few parking lots in the town, but they are relatively small and very expensive (and often full).  When we stay on the coast, we have had good luck finding on the street parking after 5pm (when most of the day trippers are long gone).

Hank