Thoughts of Ambassador and Ambition

NightWoman

10 hours ago, AJ28 said:

I do. I'll try anything! I like to do small cross stitch pics (for cards) though need a magnifier to see pattern/thread needles. On past CMV cruises I brought a latch-hook pic to do on sea days. Currently into needle felting at the moment, particularly landscapes but started with a cactus at a workshop last year, well chuffed with it! 

I'm pretty philosophical about the current price reductions, we booked in April, couldn't any earlier, and as my local cattery was getting full for July (and its the best one for my cat) had to find something quick. The major pluses are a relatively short drive to the port from North Wales (which is far better than driving to Southampton) and an itinerary which we know from past experience we will enjoy as we love fjords, the type of ship vibe is another plus and we hope it is similar to CMV.

We got a good deal because we booked so early, we also prefer the smaller ships and have been to most of the Fjords and St Petersburgh, had a cruise on a new ship MSC World Europa in february, ship was far too big. They also ran out of several drinks and although we were on a seven day cruise there were parts of the ship we did not see. If you wanted to go into the theatre you had to book and it was very difficult to find space. We ended up only seeing one show. I do a lot of crochet and knitting and have recently started to make toys. Looking forward to meeting you both. 

7 hours ago, Mrscw said:

We got a good deal because we booked so early, we also prefer the smaller ships and have been to most of the Fjords and St Petersburgh, had a cruise on a new ship MSC World Europa in february, ship was far too big. They also ran out of several drinks and although we were on a seven day cruise there were parts of the ship we did not see. If you wanted to go into the theatre you had to book and it was very difficult to find space. We ended up only seeing one show. I do a lot of crochet and knitting and have recently started to make toys. Looking forward to meeting you both. 

I know what you mean about the larger ships.  The largest we went on was Navigator of the Seas when we took the kids. It worked out fine because there was so many family activities to do, however our requirements are different now. I've heard that even P&O are asking for bookings for shows etc. I do not like the thought of having to plan in advance to be honest. We have done several cruises with P&O (Aurora being my fave) and loved them all, their kids clubs were the very best quality in our kids' opinion.

Will you be bringing your crochet/knitting bag with you? I'm going to have a look and see if I can find a portable crafting project to do on sea days. 

Best wishes,

Mandy

Don't think so usually take a kindle as I also read a lot. We try and join in some of the activities or play cards or dominoes. All the best hope to see you soon 

Cath and Kevin x

On 6/25/2023 at 7:54 PM, Mrscw said:

we booked over a year ago as it is for special birthdays hubby 80 and me 70. we have noticed the price difference pity they cannot refund the difference.

We booked in Oct22  for the cruise following yours   Deck8 inside.  If you have had no contact with Ambassador or your TA  you may get a surprise upgrade.

We got an upgrade to a Deck9 outside and nearer the middle of the ship.

Would not have known about is as no-one told us until we asked for OBC re price drop and they came back and said you cant have that as you have been upgraded.

One simple email and they could have saved a lot of bother for me, and the TA and even themselves!      Deep reading of all the blurb does say that if you chose Happy to upgrade when you book   they MIGHT upgrade  and you will find out

3 days before  when you can get your "tickets" and  labels.   I have been trying to find out just when the upgrade  happened but they dont seem to want to answer that.

You can check in "My Ambassador sailing"  as they have changed our cabin number in there.      

Edited by Aulanis

13 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

We booked in Oct22  for the cruise following yours   Deck8 inside.  If you have had no contact with Ambassador or your TA  you may get a surprise upgrade.

We got an upgrade to a Deck9 outside and nearer the middle of the ship.

Would not have known about is as no-one told us until we asked for OBC re price drop and they came back and said you cant have that as you have been upgraded.

One simple email and they could have saved a lot of bother for me, and the TA and even themselves!      Deep reading of all the blurb does say that if you chose Happy to upgrade when you book   they MIGHT upgrade  and you will find out

3 days before  when you can get your "tickets" and  labels.   I have been trying to find out just when the upgrade  happened but they dont seem to want to answer that.

You can check in "My Ambassador sailing"  as they have changed our cabin number in there.      

Yes I have noticed a change in our booking we have been upgraded to Deck 10. Again only noticed when I was checking my sailing details. Cannot wait to see what we get will let you know. 

On 6/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, AJ28 said:

I know what you mean about the larger ships.  The largest we went on was Navigator of the Seas when we took the kids. It worked out fine because there was so many family activities to do, however our requirements are different now. I've heard that even P&O are asking for bookings for shows etc. I do not like the thought of having to plan in advance to be honest. We have done several cruises with P&O (Aurora being my fave) and loved them all, their kids clubs were the very best quality in our kids' opinion.

Will you be bringing your crochet/knitting bag with you? I'm going to have a look and see if I can find a portable crafting project to do on sea days. 

Best wishes,

Mandy

P&O now only suggest pre-booking of entertainment and meals etc on the two largest ships, so you don't have to do anything for the smaller ones now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a notification today, text and email, stating that our embarkation time will be two hours later than originally due to 'operational reasons'. Interesting, I wonder what the problem is?

On 6/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, AJ28 said:

Best wishes,

Mandy

Hi we are now in 1044 would still love to meet for coffee. Which cabin are you ?Cath

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am Gail (Stormy Weather) nick name, I am going on Holland America Zuiderdam around Africa for 76 days getting back on 23rd Dec 23. We try to arrange Meet & Greet day, to get to know each other, if this is of interest to anyone, please get in touch (gailcardwell@live.co.uk).  Also we try and arrange trips, before we get into port, (TripAdvisor/Viator) I am travelling on the Ambiences around the world cruise 6th Jan 24. is anyone arranging any trips, when we dock? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormy Weather said:

I am travelling on the Ambiences around the world cruise 6th Jan 24. is anyone arranging any trips, when we dock? 

You would be better posting this in the Roll Call for that cruise.  Roll Calls for "other" lines

are not that easy to find, so it is here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2853443-ambassador-cruise-line-around-the-world-2024-roll-call-january-6-2024-london-tilbury/?do=getNewComment

Also  in order that you  get notified of replies you should  " follow" the thread.   Scroll up to the top of a thread you are in and click where it says follow  and say how you would want informed.

This changed on CC about 2 years ago  I think before if you posted you were automatically following.

Edited by Aulanis
following

On 7/25/2023 at 4:51 PM, Mrscw said:

Hi we are now in 1044 would still love to meet for coffee. Which cabin are you ?Cath

I'm such a numpty, Cath, I couldn't access messages until I returned. So sorry to have missed you. 

We had a wee drama after getting off shop. They lost my case!!! It wasn't with the others in the car park. I was concerned for my bottles of gin!!!! Eventually (after 90 odd minutes) sorted. CPS lady driver was brilliant. I gave her a hug (and gave my case a hug, too). Gin fine, phew!

Despite restrictions, we both enjoyed our cruise and fancy trying Ambiance next year, should an interesting itinerary fit with my dates. How about you, Cath? And others?

yes had really good time, we were really lucky with the weather weren't we. Did you take a project with you? I saw a lot of ladies either knitting or doing embroidery, one lady was  doing a Norwegian pattern may have to try that. So glad you got your Gin back 

4 hours ago, Mrscw said:

yes had really good time, we were really lucky with the weather weren't we. Did you take a project with you? I saw a lot of ladies either knitting or doing embroidery, one lady was  doing a Norwegian pattern may have to try that. So glad you got your Gin back 

Yes, I had recently learned to hand spin wool from fleece so took my wee hand spinner and some fleece and coloured felting wool to make yarn. Took my little wooden weaving square and did some weaving. Kept me out of trouble on the many sea days.