Oosterdam Screening Room

TGCRUISEO

41 minutes ago, TGCRUISEO said:

Does the Oosterdam still have the screening room/Movie Theatre on it. I don’t see it on the deck plans anymore?

I don't believe any of the ships do at this point.

Sue/WDW1972

1 hour ago, TGCRUISEO said:

Does the Oosterdam still have the screening room/Movie Theatre on it. I don’t see it on the deck plans anymore?

The former screening room on Nieuw Amsterdam has been turned into a nice library. Wouldn't surprise me if the same happens to the other former screening rooms which have not been used as a movie theater for a while now

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

I don't believe any of the ships do at this point.

The HAL Zaandam still has its Wajang Theater which was used recently for screening movies and was also used for cooking demos by Chef Jacques Torres on it's cruise up to Canada from FLL this year. The ship still has it's 'old school' HAL library too.

Screenshot2023-06-11153629.thumb.png.4da0732d39c72beb1d8d3d4147d7b506.pngScreenshot2023-06-11153707.thumb.png.3ff8e9cf675faeb3064488eb1979f5fa.png

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

The HAL Zaandam still has its Wajang Theater which was used recently for screening movies and was also used for cooking demos by Chef Jacques Torres recently on it's cruise up to Canada from FLL. The ship still has it's 'old school' HAL library too.

Screenshot2023-06-11153629.thumb.png.4da0732d39c72beb1d8d3d4147d7b506.pngScreenshot2023-06-11153707.thumb.png.3ff8e9cf675faeb3064488eb1979f5fa.png

Yes, I'm familiar with that.  The Wajang Theater is completely different from The Screening Room.  Wajang is much bigger, sight lines are poor, and a short person like me would never go there to see a movie.  The Screening Rooms were too small, but the seating and sight lines were outstanding!

Sue/WDW1972

2 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Wajang is much bigger, sight lines are poor, and a short person like me would never go there to see a movie.

Correct the Wajang Theater is not a great place to watch a movie no matter what your height is as the lower part of the main screen cannot be seen by anyone past the first couple of rows. For cooking demos it is fine but those are very far and few between.

• Like 1

on our March 2023 Oosterdam cruise.....

I do not recall the movie theatre (but was not looking for it either)

We did enjoy a movie in our cabin one evening......the bed was very comfortable!

Also, I do believe they showed a movie or two in the world stage....seems like it was an afternoon matinee.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

on our March 2023 Oosterdam cruise.....

I do not recall the movie theatre (but was not looking for it either)

On the Oosterdam, and her one sister, Zuiderdam, (Noordam has a different layout and still has the Explorations Café on Deck 3), the Screening Room movie theater (Deck 3 forward, starboard side) has been renamed the Tasman Room and has been functioning as an extra meeting room a la the Stuyvesant, Hudson, and the Half Moon rooms. Westerdam used to have that same Tasman Room but now has a library similar to Nieuw A.

oosterdam-deck-03.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Oosterdam & Zuiderdam

Holland America Line Westerdam Ship Deck Plans for Deck 3

Westerdam

noordam-deck-03.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Noordam

Eurodam still shows that same Tasman Room on her deck plan. Only a matter of time before that morphs into a library like her sister Nieuw Amsterdam now has

nieuw-amsterdam-deck-03.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Eurodam

Rotterdam, unlike her older sisters Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam appears to have a library forward of the Rolling Stone Rock Room on Deck 2 forward, starboard side. K-dam and Nieuw S should be getting a similar library

Rotterdam Deck 2 deck plans

Rotterdam

koningsdam-deck2.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Koningsdam & Nieuw Statendam

Zaandam and Volendam still have the Explorations Café and full (original) libraries on Deck 5 portside aft, on both ships known as the Erasmus Libraries 

Holland America Line Volendam Ship Deck Plans for Deck 5

Zaandam & Volendam

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

On the Oosterdam, and her one sister, Zuiderdam, (Noordam has a different layout and still has the Explorations Café on Deck 3), the Screening Room movie theater (Deck 3 forward, starboard side) has been renamed the Tasman Room and has been functioning as an extra meeting room a la the Stuyvesant, Hudson, and the Half Moon rooms. Westerdam used to have that same Tasman Room but now has a library similar to Nieuw A.

oosterdam-deck-03.png.image.4540.896.low.png

I believe that during it's December, 2023 drydock Zuiderdam's Tasman Room was redone as a Library similar to the one on Westerdam.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philliesphan said:

I believe that during it's December, 2023 drydock Zuiderdam's Tasman Room was redone as a Library similar to the one on Westerdam.  

Yes, I've been on the Zuiderdam since Jan. 3 and we have a very nice library.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 9:06 PM, Copper10-8 said:

The former screening room on Nieuw Amsterdam has been turned into a nice library. Wouldn't surprise me if the same happens to the other former screening rooms which have not been used as a movie theater for a while now

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

I have great memories with the library at my college. I spent a lot of time there with friends looking for materials for our research and essays. Now I am already studying at the university, and sometimes I order assignments on the https://edubirdie.com/write-my-essay-for-me website because I don’t always have time to do everything myself. Yes, I get a lot of information from the Internet. But I still love libraries for their atmosphere.

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Really nice library!

• Like 3