Can I Bring My Luggage With Me on the Meraviglia

Grumpella

My daughter is going on her honeymoon this weekend and would like to bring her luggage with her on the ship, as she has had a "lost" bag once for a few days.  She is in the Yacht Club.

Will she be able to bring her luggage with her?

I have seen another person do this on a Holland America ship I was on.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Just now, JamieLogical said:

It must be small enough to go through the x-ray machine, but otherwise there is no restriction on bringing your own bags onboard or the number of bags you can bring onboard.

⬆️

This                               

Rule of thumb if it can go through a TSA size x-ray you can carry it on board. Any large suitcase that you would be required to check on an airplane can not be carried aboard as it has to go thru a larger X-ray machine that processes all checked luggage and is not available to the public.

You can carry off any size luggage at the end of the cruise. 

41 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

but otherwise there is no restriction on bringing your own bags onboard or the number of bags you can bring onboard.

MSC do have a documented limit on number of bags and weight per person, and the combined total per cabin, but no idea if they ever enforce it....

• MSC Cruise luggage limit: Two suitcases (90 x 75 x 43 cm and 23 kg maximum weight)
  • Carry-on bags on MSC Cruise lines: Two hand luggage pieces (56 x 45 x 25 cm and 23 kg maximum weight)
  • Total weight of 100 kg and a maximum of 8 bags combining all the pieces of luggage inside a cabin, including the children’s luggage.

She can drop off her luggage with the YC staff-which get priority arrival to their cabin. Once she gets to the YC tent have her ask-but know YC luggage is handled differently than general public luggage.

1 minute ago, mmbcater said:

She can drop off her luggage with the YC staff-which get priority arrival to their cabin. Once she gets to the YC tent have her ask-but know YC luggage is handled differently than general public luggage.

When we boarded in Genoa this was not the case, which came as something of a surprise.

The Yacht Club bags were tagged differently, but all bags were taken and handled together at the same desk before we were able to proceed to the Yacht Club tent.

Not what we had expected, but fortunately that was the only poor service point on the cruise.

They did however make it clear that we could take any or all bags onboard with us if we preferred...

• Like 1

Just another data point on my May 28th sailing it was a zoo getting to the Tent so I just gave my bags to the first porter I saw. Bags had the tags I printed out and they arrived in my YC room before I did. YMMV, this is just one experience, I went to the pool deck for lunch and then to the room bags were in the room.