Star Breeze Maintenance Issues?

RemPuck

We are booked on Star Breeze from Seward to Vancouver departing Seward on August 6th.  A friend was booked on the Breeze departing Vancouver on the 17th.  She just shared that the cruise on the 17th has been cancelled so the ship could have maintenance work while in Vancouver.

Does anyone know what the issue is?  Are there ongoing problems that will hamper other voyages through the summer?

This is our "2020" cruise finally (we hope!) happening this year and will be beyond disappointed if it's cancelled.

We are booked on the 28th sailing from Vancouver and haven't received any information yet. If this sailing is cancelled it will be our 4th since 2019. I will post if I get notification of cancellation. Loved Windstar but getting very frustrated. Our last cruise from London was cancelled 2 weeks before sailing. 

At this time both the Aug 6-17 and Aug 28-Sep 8 cruises are still on the website for booking.  

So apparently they just needed 11 days in Vancouver for whatever repairs are needed.

The Aug 17-28 cruise was Vancouver round trip – that provided the perfect repair window.

Screenshot2023-06-13at9_48_05PM.thumb.png.62f14a41f243b587e5f2e85fac655499.png

Thank you for that information, Jazzbeau. It does make sense to cancel the roundtrip for maintenance. It must be something Windstar feels confident can be resolved quickly and isn't critical for safety or the other cruises would be interrupted also. 

I wonder if this will result in a fuller ship on the voyage departing 8/28. It’s been mentioned in another thread that a packed yacht in cooler weather makes for a crowded veranda and yacht club.

I’m just  speculating that a chunk of the passengers from the 8/17 cruise were offered and accepted the 8/28 sailing, notwithstanding the logistics of disembarkation in Anchorage instead of Vancouver.

Nearpost345- I know when I made my final payment for the 8/28 sailing I asked and was told the capacity was at about 80%. SYatSea was able to rebook on the 8/6 sailing. You are likely correct about the Yacht Club and Veranda. I would imagine shore excursions will sell out faster also. I have not been on the refurbished ships, so I am not sure what full capacity will look like. We have been on ships that were full or nearly full before the stretching and didn't feel crowded or notice the service lacking in any way.