Tax on alcohol in Alaska ports?

Carpe-Diem

Yes. If there is a tax to collect, NCL has historically elected to pass that cost along to the consumer. There has been talk that prepurchased drink packages should not be subject to tax. Notwithstanding, NCL has assessed tax on menu price of drinks regardless of point of sale. If you order a drink, free or not, tax has historically been collected by NCL. I have no idea if they actually turn the funds over to the government or just pocket the money collected.

• Like 2

We just recently got back from a 14 day Alaska cruise.  We ordered drinks in port in Vancouver and then in every port in Alaska along the way, and we were not taxed one single time. We expected that we would be but we’re pleasantly surprised that we weren’t.

• Like 2

On my Alaska cruise a few years ago, no tax in Alaska or Victoria-but we were charged the tax only (drink package) while docked in Seattle.

The tax was, at the most , maybe like $1 a drink.

For that cruise NCL ran a special "all included package" (drinks, gratuities. photos, some shore excursion credits, etc).  End of cruise, I had an $8 bill to pay that was just the drink tax.

I was going to go to GS to ask why, then I just figured out it was taxes while in Seattle-

• Like 1