Norwegian Encore vs. Epic for the Caribbean

latebuyer

Just to mention Encore does not have Spice H2O, they decided to give that space over to laser tag instead. But I think they made vibe a bit bigger , you do however have to pay for vibe and there’s only a limited number of passes available for it. Another facility that’s quiet for chilling out and reading is the thermal spa but again is a pay extra. I did it on Epic for a European itinerary to help recovery from a lot of excursions involving heaps of walking, and I’ll be using it on Bliss for Alaska as there’s a lot of time at sea and potentially poor weather. 

3 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I guess my only question is are there any other considerations i have overlooked. One other one is if i was on epic i think i'd be more likely to get the drink package.

Yes something else to consider.  Hotels in Miami are expensive. Hotels in Orlando are fairly inexpensive.  Also transportation cost from hotel to port.  In considering the Orlando option, look at goport.com. They offer one-way, RT and bundles with Orlando hotels.  

Pretty soon you really need to make a list of This or That. Check only one and the most checks wins. For instance:  More Social or Less Social, Drinks Included or Drinks Separate, Orlando hotel or Miami  hotel, Epcot/NASA, or local Miami sightseeing, Burn the Floor or Choir of Men, Older Funky Fun ship or Newer Stately ship, Daytime fun outside or Daytime fun inside.  More checks on Left = Epic, More on Right = Encore.  Good luck…time is ticking😎. Of course this is only my opinion based on the things you have stated.

• Like 1

NCL usually deploys Epic on port-intensive itineraries so the onboard amenities are not very important since you spend more time outside the ship. There’s no waterfront or promenade deck or outside area to relax unless you go up to the pool/sun deck. If you don’t have a balcony or your balcony is in a bad location, there’s no public space to enjoy the sea view. 

The bathroom sink is very small so you’ll always spill water onto the floor. And to reduce the spillage, they reduce the water pressure on the sink faucet.