Early arrival to port in Reykjavík

jtrollin

My flight lands at like 6:30am and trying to understand what is at the port when NCL airport transfer gets us there.  Anyone know if there is a place to get some breakfast and kill some time before we can get on the ship?

thanks

10 minutes ago, jtrollin said:

My flight lands at like 6:30am and trying to understand what is at the port when NCL airport transfer gets us there.  Anyone know if there is a place to get some breakfast and kill some time before we can get on the ship?

thanks

Do Blue Lagoon. https://www.bluelagoon.com/book/packages 

there are virtually no services at the reykjavik port. i didn’t embark there, but when I went out to explore in between my back-to-back cruises, there was just a long line of 3,000 people waiting to check in; there were no restaurants or services or seating areas that i could see. it did not look like a very hospitable port for those embarking.

23 minutes ago, UKstages said:

there are virtually no services at the reykjavik port. i didn’t embark there, but when I went out to explore in between my back-to-back cruises, there was just a long line of 3,000 people waiting to check in; there were no restaurants or services or seating areas that i could see. it did not look like a very hospitable port for those embarking.

There are restaurants. 

My suggestion though is OP should not do the NCL transfer. There is a desk at the airport to buy tickets to Blue Lagoon and they will drop off in town. Blue Lagoon has luggage storage. They will also take you back to the airport if they want to stick with the NCL transfer. Blue Lagoon is near the airport and they have luggage storage. They could also just get a transfer without Blue Lagoon. There are plenty of restaurants near the cruise port. 

Edited by Charles4515

well, there are two ports in reykjavik and larger ships dock at skarfabakki… and there are no services there. there’s not really even a terminal there. just a small structure/security checkpoint that you walk through. there might be restaurants within a kilometer or two, but there is nothing at the port… perhaps an ATM. there might be a small souvenir kiosk that has a pot of coffee and some candy bars, i dunno. there are also a few industrial buildings and warehouses and a bus company.

again, the only thing to do at the port is stand in line - outside - with 3,000 of your new friends.

Edited by UKstages

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

well, there are two ports in reykjavik and larger ships dock at skarfabakki… and there are no services there. there’s not really even a terminal there. just a small structu

Okay. I didn’t know there were two ports. I only saw the other one. 

Probably most people don’t fly in the day of the cruise. Last time I flew to Reykjavik my flight was canceled and the I was delayed a day as the same flight the next day was the next flight. 

Edited by Charles4515

7 hours ago, julig22 said:

When I was there last August tickets to blue lagoon had been sold out for months - I had checked on it before I even left home.  You could take the bus to the area but that was it.

When I went it was also sold out for months and I could not get a ticket in advance. The staff at the tourist kiosk at the airport told us if we took the bus to Blue Lagoon we might be able to get a ticket there since it was early morning.  We had arrived at 6:30 am. Our hotel check in was in the afternoon. We figured it was worth a try since if we didn’t get in we could take another bus into Reykjavik as the ride to and from were included in the bus ticketing if you took the bus to Blue Lagoon. If we had not gotten into Blue Lagoon the hotel would have stored our luggage and we could have done stuff in Reykjavik before check in. It turned out we were able to gat a ticket into the lagoon at Blue Lagoon.