Meet & Mingle on Viking Polaris?

MSEm

Does Viking host Meet & Mingle on the Polaris?

We will be sailing on the Sept 12, 2023 Duluth to Toronto cruise.  Flying into Duluth on Sept 11.  Glad we are flying in 1 day early, Our flight was changed and now arrives in Duluth at 6:30 pm.

I was able to get a Viking hosted Meet & Mingle scheduled on the Polaris for our July 22nd Duluth to Toronto. We fly into Duluth on the 20th. Once you receive your final docs, find the email address for the Polaris and request your M&M.

I received an email response from the Viking Polaris Guest Services Manager Nico Thiart 2 days later indicating they'd be able to do the meet & Mingle with the scheduled date and time.

As M&M are officially paused on Cruise Critic for Viking Ocean (Expedition) they are not involved as usual, this means you have to gather and provide guest names and room numbers and send to the manager in order to have M&M invitations sent to the invited guests room on day of embarkation. Requires you to facilitate by linking up with guests on CC or Facebook PM and getting their details to forward.

Not an easy task but it works.

Good luck.

We're looking forward to our 8th Viking adventure on this new Expedition ship.

20 days to go. 🙂 

• Like 1

Enjoy your two days in Duluth before your cruise.  Visit canal park, and the maritime museum by the light house and Glensheen Mansion , if you get a chance. 

Look forward to hearing aobut your  cruise experience on the Polaris.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Enjoy your two days in Duluth before your cruise.  Visit canal park, and the maritime museum by the light house and Glensheen Mansion , if you get a chance. 

Look forward to hearing aobut your  cruise experience on the Polaris.

Have you been to the Great Lakes Aquarium? Opinion?

37 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

Have you been to the Great Lakes Aquarium? Opinion?

Yes, many years ago when it first opened with my kids. It has  lots of fresh water fish from  Northern Lakes and Lake Superior. Nothing like Baltimore Aquarium, but  still a nice place to see and learn about aquatic life in the North. 

Speaking of fish, be sure to eat some smoked whitefish from Lake Superior.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info on setting up a Meet & Mingle.

Also Bcorre2 please post to good and bad of any excursions.  We will be taking this in Sept. Glad we are flying in early to Duluth.  Our flight into Duluth changed from a 3 PM arrival to a 6 PM arrival..

Will drop off luggage as soon as possible on Sept 12, then go to museum or the aquarium.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 12:01 PM, MSEm said:

"please post to good and bad of any excursions"  

Suggest you follow/join FB page Viking Expedition Great Lakes Cruises for a wealth of information and pictures. Much better than I can write. 19 days until we embark on Viking Polaris Duluth to Toronto. Enjoy your cruise.

I've been able to get 15 guests signed up for our Viking hosted M&M with another 10 in the que. I send them to the Guest Services Mgr., and he issues invitations to their suites on day of embarkation. Works smooth.

• Like 1