Norwegian Gem Club Balcony Suite shower question

mom8times

I am thinking of upgrading to club balcony suite.  However, I am concerned that the shower requires stepping into a bathtub.  I would have great difficulty doing that.  Anyone know for sure about that type of cabin?  Thanks in advance for helping.

26 minutes ago, mom8times said:

I am thinking of upgrading to club balcony suite.  However, I am concerned that the shower requires stepping into a bathtub.  I would have great difficulty doing that.  Anyone know for sure about that type of cabin?  Thanks in advance for helping.

Haven't been on the Gem since October of 19, just before the pandemic hit.Don't believe it has gone through a refurb since then. (If it has and I'm wrong, please, someone chime in.)  Yes, all the club balconies,( or mini suites) had the bathtub/shower combos. The tub  is exceptionally high, and very narrow at the end away from the shower head. Almost shaped like a sarcophagus. My wife has back issues, and had a very difficult time getting in and out of the tub. So I would think anyone with mobility issues may have a tough time.

We have since sailed the Pearl twice. She was refurbed and all the mini-suite tubs removed and replaced with walk in showers. So much nicer!

P.S. Welcome to CC, mom8times!

10 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Haven't been on the Gem since October of 19, just before the pandemic hit.Don't believe it has gone through a refurb since then. (If it has and I'm wrong, please, someone chime in.) 

Gem was refurbished in 2022. But I don't know what that means as far as changing the bathtubs. I can only go on what I know is normal on other ships.

1 hour ago, mom8times said:

Bathtub/shower combo. So, yes you will need to step up.