Explanation of benefits between Royal and Celebrity

We have been loyal to Royal, we are Diamond Plus.  We would like to try Celebrity, but I’m having trouble finding info on how to apply our loyalty level to Celebrity.  I know we won’t accumulate points for Royal, but are there balcony discounts,etc.  

Deb

No balcony discount, you will be elite on Celebrity, you do get a happy hour from 5 to 7 with limited selection and you do get a bag of laundry. Celebrity suite perks are way better than rccl , but rccl has better regular perks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

We have been loyal to Royal, we are Diamond Plus.  We would like to try Celebrity, but I’m having trouble finding info on how to apply our loyalty level to Celebrity.  I know we won’t accumulate points for Royal, but are there balcony discounts,etc.  

Deb

Since you are Diamond Plus on Royal, you will be Elite on Celebrity and will not go any further unless you gain your points by sailing on Celebrity. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Reciprocity-Flyer_052021_FINAL.pdf

Edited by Plum Happy
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, bigmoose7563 said:

I booked a cruise on celebrity a couple days ago and was surprised when I tried to create an account that it said I already had one. 

Turns out they automatically use your Royal Caribbean login info, and they even know your point status and will list whatever your equitable status is on celebrity without having to do anything. 

You also get a 1 category “free” upgrade for your cabin choice. So you pay for whatever the lower designation is for the cabin you want. So if you want a deluxe veranda, you would pay the price for a prime veranda instead. They won’t let you jump a category like pay for an ocean view and get a veranda and they won’t do the upgrade if you book a suite. You have to ask for the upgrade when booking, they won’t do it for you automatically