Help! VIFP log in belongs to my husband ( now deceased)

Hi , I’m from the UK and I’m trying to book a cruise online. It will allow me to put all of my details in and then it asks me to log in. When I put email address it automatically comes up “ hi ****** , and his details “.

Ive tried deleting all of his details and then entering mine, including my own VIFP. In does accept them but it still says “ hi ******

Does this mean he’s the lead person on this email ? Will I always see his name ( which is no problem to me ) how can I just have it so that it’s only my details showing, “ hi ******”

Obviously from the UK I don’t want to call them and no email details!

thanks in advance for any help with this

What email is associated with your VIFP?  Is it the same one?

If the email you are entering was the one always used for previous bookings under his name, then that is the account associated with it.

You can probably go into your VIFP account info and change the email to a new contact.  Then it will show up as "you" every time.

But I've not tried that, so I'm not sure exactly how it works.  My VIFP email is one that I have had for a couple of decades, maybe more (but it's not aol or yahoo!).

Yes. It sounds like you both shared one email address. If so, you likely need to create your own email address, then use that address with your own VIFP number. If you’ve always used his email, here are directions on setting up your own gmail (Google email) account.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

If you prefer to continue using his/the shared email address, you may need to call customer service—but just an assumption, I don’t know for sure.

Hi, I’ve delved in a little deeper and I’m added as a travel companion to this email account.

ive updated his account giving new address / phone number and then I was able to put in my own VIFP number to proceed into the booking . 
The only thing is that the past cruises stop at his, whereas I’ve done a solo one since. Not sure how I can back track and get details for that .... something for another day !

thanks

• Like 2

You need to set up your account with your VIFP number to see your cruises. So you will probably need a new email and then start from scratch with your number. Then you should be able to see all your cruises. It sounds like you are currently logging in under your husband's VIFP number and not yours. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

Best to have your own VFIP account. Usually emails can only be associated with one account, so you either have to delete his account, associate a different email to his account, or create a new email address for you to create your own VIFP account. 

• Like 1