Flash OBC for Shore Excursions

Spudd

I'm a travel agent, and I booked some clients on an Azamara cruise. They got $750 in OBC with their booking, under the "Three Free Nights" promo. Now Azamara is telling me that this is "flash OBC" and can't be used on excursions, it can only be used once they get on board. 

I can't find anything in the terms & conditions about this. Has anyone experienced this? Is this an actual thing? Thanks!!

The term "flash" is used to designate the type of sale, it is a "flash sale", rather than a long thought out marketing push it is a more spur of the moment sales push to generate bookings. I have tried to attach the most recent Flash Sale details to this post, and the $750 OBC is good for Shore Excursions, as mentioned in the details. You may need to try again with Azamara and get a different rep, or wait until the clients board to book excursions, but the OBC looks like can be applied to excursions.

Flash750.pdf

Thanks. They are telling me it can be applied to excursions but only after they board. But nobody wants to wait until they board to book their excursions! Hopefully if I keep at them we can get this sorted. 

1 hour ago, Spudd said:

Thanks. They are telling me it can be applied to excursions but only after they board. But nobody wants to wait until they board to book their excursions! Hopefully if I keep at them we can get this sorted. 

Hopefully. They have been having challenges in being able to apply OBC to Shore Excursions booked before the guest is onboard since the data migration. 

I received this in an Azamara  email today:

Helpful Tips for Booking Shore Excursions

If you have an onboard credit (OBC) you would like to use to book shore excursions before you board, you can do this on Azamara.com or by calling your local contact center. Please note that you can book shore excursions in advance up to 7 days prior to the sailing date. To assist in applying your OBC on Azamara.com to book shore excursions, we have prepared a simple step-by-step guide. Please click here to access the guide.

I have attached a copy of the guide

Use-OBC-to-Book-Shorex-Online.pdf

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I received this in an Azamara  email today:

Helpful Tips for Booking Shore Excursions

If you have an onboard credit (OBC) you would like to use to book shore excursions before you board, you can do this on Azamara.com or by calling your local contact center. Please note that you can book shore excursions in advance up to 7 days prior to the sailing date. To assist in applying your OBC on Azamara.com to book shore excursions, we have prepared a simple step-by-step guide. Please click here to access the guide.

I have attached a copy of the guide

Use-OBC-to-Book-Shorex-Online.pdf 158.46 kB · 0 downloads

I got this too and it worked! 

• Like 1