Celebrity Dining vs RCI

Sunny AZ Girl

We are booked on the Celebrity Apex for the westbound TA in 2024.  We are D+ on RCI and have cruised a few other lines, but have never cruised on Celebrity.  Looking at the Main Dining options, it does not look like what we are accostomed to on RCI. We usually have My Time Dining in the main dinig room with a few specialty dining options thrown in.  What should I expect on the Apex? Are we to sign up for each night in a different main dining restaurant? Nothing is open for dining on the website yet, so I can't tell from that.

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are booked on the Celebrity Apex for the westbound TA in 2024.  We are D+ on RCI and have cruised a few other lines, but have never cruised on Celebrity.  Looking at the Main Dining options, it does not look like what we are accostomed to on RCI. We usually have My Time Dining in the main dinig room with a few specialty dining options thrown in.  What should I expect on the Apex? Are we to sign up for each night in a different main dining restaurant? Nothing is open for dining on the website yet, so I can't tell from that.

Thank you in advance!

As for the Main Dining Rooms, there are 4 and you just show up when you want to eat.  No reservations are needed on the class of ship you are cruising.  You can go to a different one each night if you choose.  However, for the Specialty Restaurants, you need to make reservations and there is a surcharge for them.  We book our Specialty Restaurants in advance as we want to choose the day and time.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On the E Class ships with 4 different and distinct MDR's each with a different menu, you can go to any one of the 4 when you want to. However, all 4 MDR menus are available in any one of the 4 MDR's to order from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keesar said:

As for the Main Dining Rooms, there are 4 and you just show up when you want to eat.  No reservations are needed on the class of ship you are cruising.  You can go to a different one each night if you choose.  However, for the Specialty Restaurants, you need to make reservations and there is a surcharge for them.  We book our Specialty Restaurants in advance as we want to choose the day and time.  

Enjoy your cruise!

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

On the E Class ships with 4 different and distinct MDR's each with a different menu, you can go to any one of the 4 when you want to. However, all 4 MDR menus are available in any one of the 4 MDR's to order from.

Thank you both for the responses.  If you go to the MDR at a popular time (6 -7 pm?) is there usually a long wait?  Is there a trick to getting in at any particular time?

Also, do the menu;s change daily?  

I have cruised RCI so long and am so accostomed to making reservations in advance for MTD that this seems really different.  But I am looking forward to new and different menus!

1 hour ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Thank you both for the responses.  If you go to the MDR at a popular time (6 -7 pm?) is there usually a long wait?  Is there a trick to getting in at any particular time?

Also, do the menu;s change daily?  

I have cruised RCI so long and am so accostomed to making reservations in advance for MTD that this seems really different.  But I am looking forward to new and different menus!

With 4 dining rooms you can check to see which ones are not as busy and you shouldn't have more that a few minute wait between 6 & 7.  The menus do change every day and you can see them for each dining room in the Celebrity app.

• Thanks 1