Confused about Dawn IB #9027 - deck plan say only holds 2 but photos online shows extra bed on wall

TrumpyNor

I yesterday asked my PCC to book an inside category IB on deck 9 on the Dawn for us, for a 2024 cruise. I specifically chose cabin no. 9027, as that cabin is one of the few IB inside cabins that according to the deck plans only holds 2 persons and still was available (meaning no extra bed attached to the walls on either side). However, I just googled photos of that particular cabin number, and the photo I found clearly shows a bed on at least one of the walls.... 🤔

That photo however seemed to be from 2014, could it have been removed during a drydock renovation at a later time? 🤞

Or could it simply be that the deck plan is incorrect about this?

I simply hope that some of you maybe have been in that particular cabin on the Dawn after 2014, and have the up-to-date information.

I would certainly appreciate it, as I twice in the past have banged my head and shoulder in to such a "bed on the wall" when getting out of bed on a cruise, and I can confirm that it is a painful thing to do! 😟

image.jpeg.0b16eef5e5967a57213b138f7e207779.jpeg  image.jpeg.19d5d8c839cf1ceac079ca852664f96a.jpeg

image.jpeg.773c8d486275114b8d569bec713478da.jpeg

• 10 months later...

I had done similar for 9077 as the site shows them as 2 person rooms however I was told by a previous guest that they no longer have 2 person rooms they all have the pull down. He had booked his based on the same maps so he asked and that's what room steward stated. 

• Like 1

My husband and I have discussed that if we had this type of cabin again, we would ask to have the beds separated. I think we would like the floor space in between the beds, and no one would bang their head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you both for your replies. 😊 Good idea about having the beds seoarated. Will probably ask for that to be done. Actually didn't think about that possibility in the past... 🤔

Edited by TrumpyNor
Adding information.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Thank you both for your replies. 😊 Good idea about having the beds seoarated. Will probably ask for that to be done. Actually didn't think about that possibility in the past... 🤔

FYI I shared a similar room with my son on the Pearl. We had the beds separated and I still managed to bang my head on wall bed a few times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

FYI I shared a similar room with my son on the Pearl. We had the beds separated and I still managed to bang my head on wall bed a few times. 

Thank you for the warning. 🙂