Are deposits refundable for canadians?

latebuyer

We, as Canadians, are really more like US citizens than UK citizens so yes, our deposits are refundable as long as it's done prior to full payment due date. 

And that only refers to financing our cruises, nothing more. lol

Edited by All-ready2cruise
spelling error
  • Like 1

Not sure this makes a difference to your scenario, but I put a deposit on a cruise during a CruiseFirst promotion and because of this when I cancelled the cruise (well over a year out) I realized I wouldn't get a refund because the deposit was essentially purchasing the Cruisefirst credit. 

It is my understanding that this is the only situation that would make a deposit nonrefundable prior to the payment in full date. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belletora said:

Not sure this makes a difference to your scenario, but I put a deposit on a cruise during a CruiseFirst promotion and because of this when I cancelled the cruise (well over a year out) I realized I wouldn't get a refund because the deposit was essentially purchasing the Cruisefirst credit. 

It is my understanding that this is the only situation that would make a deposit nonrefundable prior to the payment in full date. 

Hi Belletora - You're right - the money you paid for the certificate is gone but that CruiseFirst should have been returned to your account to be applied to a future cruise so as long as you can cruise within the time period required by the certificate, it's not money lost. 

And Latebuyer - as All-ready2cruise mentioned already your deposit is fully refundable until final payment. After final payment there is a sliding scale about what you can recoup... can't find the NCL link at the moment but it is outlined in the payment details for my upcoming cruise by my TA. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Belletora said:

You get your CruiseFirst credits back to your account. If you cancel 120 days out, they refund your deposit to which ever form of payment you use.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JillK said:

Hi Belletora - You're right - the money you paid for the certificate is gone but that CruiseFirst should have been returned to your account to be applied to a future cruise so as long as you can cruise within the time period required by the certificate, it's not money lost. 

And Latebuyer - as All-ready2cruise mentioned already your deposit is fully refundable until final payment. After final payment there is a sliding scale about what you can recoup... can't find the NCL link at the moment but it is outlined in the payment details for my upcoming cruise by my TA. 

23 minutes ago, destar said:

You get your CruiseFirst credits back to your account. If you cancel 120 days out, they refund your deposit to which ever form of payment you use.

Oh I definitely got the cruise first certificate back. I was just meaning that you wouldn't get an actual refund (as in back to your method of payment) in the case of a cruise-first promotion. 

• Like 2