Uniworld Danube Cruise 2024- what month?

Travelnut5

I am planning a Danube cruise with Uniworld for either May 19-26 or June 16-23 from Budapest to Passau. We will add on and go to Prague from Passau either with Uniworld or on our own.

I need advice! Based on temperatures, rain, river water levels, and travel crowds, which month is best for the best experience?

Do you advise doing the extension with Uniworld or on your own to Prague?

Water level is always a concern.  I think we went in June  several years ago and it was wonderful.  Perfect weather.  I just love our cruise on the Danube my favorite cruise so far.

Budapest to Passau is a good itinerary in that it avoids the stretch from Vilshofen to Straubing further upstream. That should eliminate low water concerns. Flooding can happen in both months although not that often, so both time frames sound good. Weather patterns I am not familiar with in detail. You have more daylight and warmer nights in June. May will see the landscape already in full bloom but a month later you do get a little difference in what flowers and trees look their best.

notamermaid

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice on month and weather. Very helpful.
Now to decide if we should book the extension to Budapest before, and to Prague after the cruise on our own or through Uniworld.  I can book hotels on my own, and can get to and from airports fine. I hear some cruise lines will sell you the transfer from Passau to Prague. Any info on whether Uniworld will do that? We are English speaking only…would that be a problem or should we have guidance from a tour operator?