1st ever Royal Caribbean cruise - on board now

So my phone got fried so I’m using my wife’s phone briefly to post. Will update more when I get home.  

However, I have to say something about CATS. My daughter is a theater major in college, and I’ve been to several Broadway shows. So we tend to like theater in my family, even amateur or community theater.

But I have to say Cats was awful. Not the actors, I felt bad for them. Clearly, they are wonderful singers and dancers. But the material was so disjointed and unenjoyable. We ended up walking out and that’s something I’ve never done before.

I’m gonna blow Royal Caribbean up on the survey when it comes to that section. It’s time for them to change the show. I really thought that it would be a case of people complaining online but I would find that perhaps the complaints were overblown, and I would enjoy it. But that was not the case at all. It was literally unwatchable. Again, nothing to do with the actors or their talent. They are clearly very talented folks working with terrible material.

Edited by Psychobueller

4 hours ago, Psychobueller said:

It’s time for them to change the show.

People have been saying that for as long as I can remember. It’s a running joke at this point.

I’m not a broadway guy so none of them are for me but Cats must be a special type of awful.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:24 AM, LobsterStalker said:

15 mins. for a slice ???

I guess when the OP praised Sorrento's efficiency I understand why . I never wait more than 2 mins at Sorrento's and sometimes when ur Hangry that feels long !

Cheers

I am thinking of a "Simpsons" episode as I read this, Homer puts a hotdog to be reheated in a microwave for thirty seconds. As it reaches 15 seconds, he irritably laments, "Why does it take so long?" 

😁

7 hours ago, Psychobueller said:

So my phone got fried so I’m using my wife’s phone briefly to post. Will update more when I get home.  

However, I have to say something about CATS. My daughter is a theater major in college, and I’ve been to several Broadway shows. So we tend to like theater in my family, even amateur or community theater.

But I have to say Cats was awful. Not the actors, I felt bad for them. Clearly, they are wonderful singers and dancers. But the material was so disjointed and unenjoyable. We ended up walking out and that’s something I’ve never done before.

I’m gonna blow Royal Caribbean up on the survey when it comes to that section. It’s time for them to change the show. I really thought that it would be a case of people complaining online but I would find that perhaps the complaints were overblown, and I would enjoy it. But that was not the case at all. It was literally unwatchable. Again, nothing to do with the actors or their talent. They are clearly very talented folks working with terrible material.

I am going on the Oasis for the 4th time in October with friends who have never sailed her.

Already told them if the want to go see the show feel free, but we aren’t going to be joining you. Lol

It’s that bad.

• Haha 2

We got home today. I do have to say we had an incredible time. Our MDR waitstaff team of Paramjeet and Prashant made us few special every night. Food was good to very good, with a few excellent items that were “best ever” category. 

My friend and I did the behind the scenes “All Access” tour. Was super informative and got to meet Captain Ante Cavala. Great for ship geeks. Sure I’m not the only one here 🤣

Debark was super fast and easy. Cape Liberty was a pleasure to deal with. 

• Like 4