Do you tip at Speciality Restaurants?

krufrank

we always tip extra in specialty restaurants, and even in the mdr's . these folks dont make a great deal of $$$, so an extra $10 goes a long way in human relations.

and yes, before all you naysayers pile on, i'm well aware that the DSC is designed to cover these services in lieu of any additional tip.

bottom line, and this has been discussed may times before. if you want  to tip extra, feel free to do so. if not, "DON'T"

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, cruiseny4life said:

If only personnel in the buffet (and in specialty restaurants, to get us back on track) were well-versed in the placement of silverware. Then there would be no need to worry. They wouldn't even have to ask me if I was finished. They would silently just leave me alone or take my plate.

See y'all, I know the etiquette...I just choose not to use it. Which makes me more a heathen: not knowing it or knowing it and not using it? 🤡

Table etiquette. Position of fork and knife on plate. Signal for waiter. Rules of conduct at table. Eco tableware.

Source: https://stock.adobe.com/search?k="table+etiquette"

Hahaha...

Quite a time ago (wow the last one was @ least 15 years ago)...

I used to conduct an Etiquette Dinner for Graduating Seniors @ the University Level...
It was to train them how to dine in the professional world - it was always a huge event & GREAT FUN...

We had fun w/ it & would include things like plastic insects in one salad @ every table - to assist them w/ how to react to situations.

We started w/ a Mixer Hour - Mocktails & Hors D'oeuvres & then a seven course meal...

And...

My Momma trained us from a very young age to use proper dining etiquette...

To this day - every time I put an elbow on the table, I think of Mom...

We also weren't allowed to use slang - not even of the local variety 🙂