Best time to book a cruise with MSC (UK)

julsngraham

Monitor prices for a while so you get used to the changes.

It will depend on the cruise  and the cabin you want as some will sell out.

eg Yacht club inside are hard to find, Inside bella get cheap

The winter cruises that go round and round the same route, just waiting tends to get the best prices as long as you are flexible on date.  7n around £300,  AI under £500 is a good target

Have a look  HotUKDeals to see what the prices were for last year and this year to get a target.

eg 3 June this year under £700 for 14nights solo rate  booking 23 May

you also have to monitor the dinks package(premium extra in the UK) price as that can change.

2 hours ago, julsngraham said:

Anyone got any advice on the best time to book a cruise for best value?   Next June I am planning

Thanks so much

Impossible to say. And "June" is anyway complicated, early June cheap, late June expensive. Maybe. 2022 was very different compared to 2023 and 2024 certainly will be also. Best thing is to catch it when you like the price and just leave it when you never like the price. If you are very tight on the budget, look for another time of the year, November for example. 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

Impossible to say. And "June" is anyway complicated, early June cheap, late June expensive. Maybe. 2022 was very different compared to 2023 and 2024 certainly will be also. Best thing is to catch it when you like the price and just leave it when you never like the price. If you are very tight on the budget, look for another time of the year, November for example. 

Thanks very much - stuck to school hols sadly!

30 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Also depends a bit where you are looking, 

UK Ex Southampton mainly brits the schools are not out bu there is a 1/2 term to factor(ship full of kids)

USA kids finish a lot earlier

It was end of June when the scottish schools break up 😉 I wouldnt go from Southampton, hoping to go from Copenhagen

32 minutes ago, julsngraham said:

It was end of June when the scottish schools break up 😉 I wouldnt go from Southampton, hoping to go from Copenhagen

Copenhagen is quite expensive if adding on time, great place easy cheap public transport.

MSC cruise options out of Copenhagen are a bit high for June.

17 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Copenhagen is quite expensive if adding on time, great place easy cheap public transport.

MSC cruise options out of Copenhagen are a bit high for June.

indeed they are I am kinda fixed on date as its my hubbys 60th we want to be away for and want to go to Ffords hence trying to see if there is a cheaper time to book.

17 hours ago, julsngraham said:

Thanks very much - stuck to school hols sadly!

Aim for the start of the Scottish holidays  there is that 2/3 week window before most of the other schools.

Looking at Glasgow earliest leave date that's 27June(Thurs) some it will be the Sat. 

when do flights start to get expensive from Scottish airports, do check those further south.

For the Copenhagen options you have Euribia 7n Norway  or Poesia 21n Iceland Greenland 

Not a great selection, I would have more on the list if price conscious.

Southampton add Virtuosa 14n

BArcelona add World Europa and Seaview, Grandiosa

Can recommend a couple of extra days in Copenhagen Pick a hotel near the main station easy to get to from the airport and then to the ship.

OK just seen the latest.

Fjord, 60th that will narrow the choices even further  if it is school hols and June

Only Euribia 30th June  as its special that's YC  £6k+  

You can get a lot of cruise for that sort of money if you can be a little flexible

We aim for close enough if it saves a good amount or gets a better trip.

last year we moved my B'day cruise forward  got back 2days before got a 20 day rather than 14 and a great YC deal on some of it.

This year we did the OH B'day cruise a week later 10days with 2n in Copenhagen much better pricing. 

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

Aim for the start of the Scottish holidays  there is that 2/3 week window before most of the other schools.

Looking at Glasgow earliest leave date that's 27June(Thurs) some it will be the Sat. 

when do flights start to get expensive from Scottish airports, do check those further south.

For the Copenhagen options you have Euribia 7n Norway  or Poesia 21n Iceland Greenland 

Not a great selection, I would have more on the list if price conscious.

Southampton add Virtuosa 14n

BArcelona add World Europa and Seaview, Grandiosa

Can recommend a couple of extra days in Copenhagen Pick a hotel near the main station easy to get to from the airport and then to the ship.

OK just seen the latest.

Fjord, 60th that will narrow the choices even further  if it is school hols and June

Only Euribia 30th June  as its special that's YC  £6k+  

You can get a lot of cruise for that sort of money if you can be a little flexible

We aim for close enough if it saves a good amount or gets a better trip.

last year we moved my B'day cruise forward  got back 2days before got a 20 day rather than 14 and a great YC deal on some of it.

This year we did the OH B'day cruise a week later 10days with 2n in Copenhagen much better pricing. 

I am scottish and will be planning 30th June so yeah start of hols - its always a bit better price wise.  We usually go from Edinburgh as its in itself is a 5 hour drive as we are so far north so to go from england is unrealistic but I take on your point.

Brilliant I wanted a couple of days in Copenhagen so thanks for the hotel tip

What is YC?

Thanks for the help

25 minutes ago, julsngraham said:

I am scottish and will be planning 30th June so yeah start of hols - its always a bit better price wise.  We usually go from Edinburgh as its in itself is a 5 hour drive as we are so far north so to go from england is unrealistic but I take on your point.

Brilliant I wanted a couple of days in Copenhagen so thanks for the hotel tip

What is YC?

Thanks for the help

YC == Yacht Club == ££££

Unless west coast Inverness may be an option connect via London or Amsterdam.

Bit of a trade off  driving, costs, total time

Copenhagen hotels can be a bit weird, as some are a cross between a full hotel and Hostel where they have shared rooms/facilities but also full en suites.

if you see very cheap rates it will be shared hostel rooms some have bathrooms and can be booked for exclusive use.

Main station is 15mins train from the airport, the metro M4 goes to the port area(+ bus 25).

Do spend a bit of time researching google maps is a good start.

The main station area has easy connections to everywhere and much is in walking.

Tivoli gardents next door.

Check when the jazz festival is on 2024, this year it was 30 June-9 July  hotels were busy but not full.

This time(4th hotel,  end June) we stayed at Annex Copenhagen its attached to Absalon hotel where you check in and have breakfast, double room ensuite(Annex+1)  in the hostel section, we were happy with it and cheaper than the main hotel which was very nice,  good breakfast was included. 

https://annexcopenhagen.dk/en/

Checked same room early next June 2nights £244,  in the main hotel section is £395

Previous times we have used

Urban house(1st time, more hostel and would be more careful with room choice next time)

Copenhagen Star (2nd enjoyed our stay would use again

Copenhagen Plaza (3rd got a deal with dinner nice but often more expensive, even if not staying check out the library bar) 

On 7/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, julsngraham said:

Hi there

Anyone got any advice on the best time to book a cruise for best value?   Next June I am planning

Thanks so much

At the moment, there are good OBC offers given on bookings. 

For a 12 day cruise in a balcony, they are giving $200 p/p. ($400 per cabin)