Hotel in NJ with shuttle to NY cruise port

dcruisers

About  6 years ago we sailed out of NY and stayed in a hotel on Jersey side, kept our car there and had a shuttle - that I believe they order  for us (8) at our request- to the NYC port.  It may have been Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park. However….their recent reviews have not been that good.

I would appreciate input on hotels from those who have stayed more recently on the NJ side.

I believe 138 EAST gave some great info years ago.  Maybe she is still on these boards and will give some great info!

Edited by dcruisers
Change wording

Another hotel in Ridgefield Park that has offered these packages in the past is the Hampton Inn.

You may want to look at trinityreservations.com, which usually has a selection of hotels with packages that include transportation to the port. These hotels are typically in the area near Newark Airport, which if you're coming from Dover Delaware would shorten your drive versus going up to Ridgefield Park.

I haven't stayed at any of these properties, so I can't offer any commentary based on personal experience.

17 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Another hotel in Ridgefield Park that has offered these packages in the past is the Hampton Inn.

You may want to look at trinityreservations.com, which usually has a selection of hotels with packages that include transportation to the port. These hotels are typically in the area near Newark Airport, which if you're coming from Dover Delaware would shorten your drive versus going up to Ridgefield Park.

I haven't stayed at any of these properties, so I can't offer any commentary based on personal experience.

Thank you!  I’ll try trinity reservations. I wasn’t even looking at the Newark area since it seems to be convenient for Cape Liberty cruises - which we also have sailed from but usually just go day of. 
again- thanks

17 hours ago, dcruisers said:

About  6 years ago we sailed out of NY and stayed in a hotel on Jersey side, kept our car there and had a shuttle - that I believe they order  for us (8) at our request- to the NYC port.  It may have been Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park. However….their recent reviews have not been that good.

Aside from those listed by njhorseman, Fairfield Inn in North Bergen NJ has a MCT package.

52 minutes ago, dcruisers said:

Thank you!  I’ll try trinity reservations. I wasn’t even looking at the Newark area since it seems to be convenient for Cape Liberty cruises - which we also have sailed from but usually just go day of. 
again- thanks

The hotels in the Newark/Elizabeth area aren't terribly far from Manhattan so they offer packages for that port too. They're probably in the range of 10 to 15 miles from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

I suppose this is obvious, so forgive me for mentioning it, but to get accurate price quotes make sure you input that you're cruising from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal because the prices for Manhattan will be higher than those for Cape Liberty due to tolls and longer travel distance for the port shuttle.