New France Festival in Quebec City

parentsof5

Anyone been to the New France Festival before? I have the calendar, etc., but wondering how you felt everything worked. Is it easy as an English only speaker to roam around and just discover - music, foods, etc.? The calendar lists things happening at certain times, but the items listed aren't that crystal clear to me what they are. 

I saw the entrance fee at one point, and can't seem to get back to it - does anyone know if this is per day?

Thanks.

We've spent a few pre-cruise days in Quebec City and everyone we encountered spoke English.

QC is a very easy town to navigate. We're going to their Xmas Market this December.

We attended the New France Festival in Quebec City about 15+ years ago during a land vacation to the area and had a great time. I remember parking in a lot near the waterfront where the daily river cruises dock. We walked all around the lower and upper city and especially enjoyed the Place Royal area. There were people in costumes from the era, music, etc. I remember purchasing a medallion, which covered the entrance fee, but don't remember if it covered multiple days or just one day. It was a great experience and was very easy for English- only speakers.

https://nouvellefrance.qc.ca/en/

Edited by marys350
  • Like 1