When you can tender at HMC

margincall

I have not been to this particular private island,but I read a post(unconfirmed)on another site,that if you don't book an excursion at Half moon cay,then you can't get a tender til 1 pm.

With the ship In port til 4 pm,what would be the point in getting off,if that's accurate?

11 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, definitely not accurate. Have been there 10 times. Never heard or seen anything like what you describe.

Thank you

Didn't make sense so figured this is the place to ask

• 2 weeks later...

Someone just posted a Venezia review on the Carnival board that she didn't get onto HMC till 1pm because she was on tender #41.  So it sounds like this definitely is a thing.  She also said if you purchase an excursion (even the clamshells) you get an early tender ticket.  Does anyone else have experience w/ this?  I've been on the fence about booking a HMC excursion anyway, so if that gets me an early tender ticket, it might seal the deal for me.

• 1 month later...

For CCL, It is my understanding that yes, having a excursion, clamshell, cabaña, villa - will get you an early(er) tender ticket.  Likewise, being Pinnacle, etc.  You must still be aware of when/where these tickets will be distributed.

What we don't always know is just how many "early" tickets are used up for those cruisers, and if you are first-in-line to get general-admin tender tickets...how far back does that put you?  But it is possible to assume the person with ticket #41 and 1pm arrival, didn't know to go get a ticket earlier in the cruise.  Maybe they did, but to maximize the time in any tender port - you often need a plan.  

They prices have sure gone up, but I think a clamshell is a good place just to stash your things and eventually have abit of shade...if that also gets me a early tender, seems like a good investment.

Ask around guest services and shore excursion desk as you walk by during the week, don't always trust the first answer you get.  Get the details, they do change from time to time for no apparent reason.