Silversea Endeavour in Churchill

mariners

For the first time in a decade, a cruise ship has docked in Churchill, Manitoba.  Usually tourists visit the community to see the polar bears in the fall/winter or the beluga whales in the spring.  For those who are interested, here is an article from the Winnipeg Free Press:

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2023/07/17/this-place-was-buzzing-churchill-welcomes-first-cruise-ship-in-decade

Hopefully, Churchill will limit the number of cruises and tourists as accommodations in the community, the infrastructure, medical facilities, etc. require that tourists be adventure travellers who are interested in experiences.

For those who decide to stop over in Winnipeg, there are lots of options of things to see and do:  the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Manitoba Theatre Centre, Rainbow Stage, Assiniboine Park/Zoo, many festivals, and lots more.  

https://www.travelmanitoba.com

I am not a travel agent, newspaper reporter, in the hospitality business, etc.. I love living in Manitoba, and am thrilled that I might have the opportunity to sail either to or from Churchill.

• Like 1

Great. So my just finished late report on a Silver Explorer cruise from Reykjavik to Churchill marked the last time a cruise ship was in Churchill as it was 1 month short of 10 years since our visit. Sad as it was also the first time the Explorer had been to Hudson bay. I wonder with the number of Expedition ships they have now will Silversea make it a more regular occurrence. At this time of year the Beluga whales and polar bears make it an enjoyable stop.

drron29, your report on the Silver Explorer cruise could have been published in any travel journal worth reading.  You have a way of capturing your experience(s) both through words and photographs.  Thank you!

• Like 1