Splash Academy

AK Dreaming

Planning to take my niece and nephew on a cruise next year on the Bliss.  They are age 9 and 12.  What age appropriate activities can we expect in the Splash Academy?  Not sure they will attend but I've never had kids with me and want to give them options.

My 7 year old daughter and 12 year old son both attended the Splash Academy every day on our Caribbean cruise on the Breakaway. They had a variety of activities, including crafts, active games (like gaga ball), and video games. Our kids loved it and asked to go every day. I wouldn't hesitate to send them again. They also separate the ages somewhat in the kids club. Our kids weren't in the same age group.

2 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Planning to take my niece and nephew on a cruise next year on the Bliss.  They are age 9 and 12.  What age appropriate activities can we expect in the Splash Academy?  Not sure they will attend but I've never had kids with me and want to give them options.

The NCL kids program is excellent and highly recommended. Make sure that you enroll your niece and nephew on embarkation day. And then have them attend on the first night of the cruise to make friends. 

If they are 9 and 12 now, does that mean that they will be 10 and 13 at the time of cruise? The reason I ask is because the nephew may be in the teen group next year. And you will need to make a decision on whether to allow the 10-12 year olds to have self-sign-out privileges. Most parents allow their kids to sign themselves out after a couple of hours... the kids group will want to go wander the ship or grab a snack and without sign-out privs, your kids will be left behind "with the babies". It's perfectly safe and you just need to have an arranged meet-up time. 

Attached is the kids program from the Escape in May 2023 below. Pages 1 and 2 are for the kids club, pages 3 and 4 are the program for the teen club (if your nephew is 13), and pages 5 and 6 are rules. 

Splash Academy.pdf

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The NCL kids program is excellent and highly recommended. Make sure that you enroll your niece and nephew on embarkation day. And then have them attend on the first night of the cruise to make friends. 

If they are 9 and 12 now, does that mean that they will be 10 and 13 at the time of cruise? The reason I ask is because the nephew may be in the teen group next year. And you will need to make a decision on whether to allow the 10-12 year olds to have self-sign-out privileges. Most parents allow their kids to sign themselves out after a couple of hours... the kids group will want to go wander the ship or grab a snack and without sign-out privs, your kids will be left behind "with the babies". It's perfectly safe and you just need to have an arranged meet-up time. 

Attached is the kids program from the Escape in May 2023 below. Pages 1 and 2 are for the kids club, pages 3 and 4 are the program for the teen club (if your nephew is 13), and pages 5 and 6 are rules. 

Splash Academy.pdf 1006.74 kB · 54 downloads

Thank You!! That is perfect.  If we can go when I want in April they will be 9 and 12.  My nephew turns 13 in May.  I was afraid it would be to childish for him but the schedule looks like he would have plenty to do as long as there are enough kids.  We will be taking them out of school so that is a concern.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 5:35 PM, BirdTravels said:

Splash Academy.pdf 1006.74 kB · 68 downloads

from that listing, they are not open while the ship is in port?