French Daze & Ibiza Nights port time changes

Shep_Proudfoot

Just heard 9/3 sailing has last day in Ibiza leaving at 5:00 instead of 6:00 and last day in Palma leaving at 5:00 instead of 7:00. Website.

Seems like nobody in the travel industry is even slightly capable of keeping their word anymore, or remotely interested in doing so.

36 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Dock fees too

There's a few folks out there that insist the decision was made to save money. They have no idea that times can be changed for something as simple as mandatory slower speeds due to things like whale migration. A few years ago, we had to miss an entire port, (Saguenay, Quebec) due to this very reason.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 3

Bottom line is that you weren't guaranteed anything when you booked.....just that this is what was planned as of that moment.  Many things can change, sometimes with little or no warning.  I doubt that this early departure is financially motivated because if they save on the port charges, many lines refund you the savings.  I suspect they have to as it was charged as "taxes and government fees."  It shows up as things like $14 credit on your card for a missed port.  

• Like 1

Another point... Its an hour. An Hour. Thats all. 

With the planning of shore time, this would hardly be noticed. Get a map, work out the essentials and stick to them. It won't take a moment joy from your trip. 

• Like 4

An hour in Ibiza and 2 in palma, when they’re both overnight stops doesn’t have me too bothered. Mostly as I didn’t know what time we were leaving anyway.

I understand it’s stressful for people who have booked excursions.

16 days to go…..

On 7/20/2023 at 6:29 PM, CineGraphic said:

There's a few folks out there that insist the decision was made to save money. They have no idea that times can be changed for something as simple as mandatory slower speeds due to things like whale migration. A few years ago, we had to miss an entire port, (Saguenay, Quebec) due to this very reason.

80% plus chance it’s money. Don’t kid yourself. The distances to travel to the next ports are absolutely tiny.

16 hours ago, Lustate said:

Another point... Its an hour. An Hour. Thats all. 

With the planning of shore time, this would hardly be noticed. Get a map, work out the essentials and stick to them. It won't take a moment joy from your trip. 

it’s three hours in total. But I get your point and will get over it. Just tired of every single trip post-Covid having similar annoyances and feel like travelers these days exist somewhere between indifference and outright contempt in the eyes of the conveyors.