Trivia on Quest?

PRMinx

I've heard that there is trivia onboard! We love trivia. I imagine this is a sea day activity. Does anyone know the timing for trivia, generally? I realize this is a very specific question, but a lady needs to plan her spa treatments. #seabournproblems 😆

3 minutes ago, PRMinx said:

I've heard that there is trivia onboard! We love trivia. I imagine this is a sea day activity. Does anyone know the timing for trivia, generally? I realize this is a very specific question, but a lady needs to plan her spa treatments. #seabournproblems 😆

Normally 12.00 noon sea days and 16.00 hrs port days.

Often times there is no trivia on port days, depending on the cruise director and port and itinerary.  If there is one, it is more casual: scores don't count towards cumulative totals, and teams can combine to make up for fewer attendees 

Edited by sfvoyage

11 hours ago, hoya68 said:

Great excuse for some popcorn and champagne before lunch. It has always been fun on the Quest and other Seabourn ships, except when the CD doesn't like your team!

Is that true? Has that ever happened? I would assume that even if the CD does not like your team (I can’t imagine not liking an entire team - maybe just someone or some on a team), the CDs are trained (required) to refrain from displaying such emotions. I do think CDs do a good job of making believe they like everyone, which can sometimes be quite difficult.   

16 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

Often times there is no trivia on port days, depending on the cruise director and port and itinerary.  If there is one, it is more casual: scores don't count towards cumulative totals, and teams can combine to make up for fewer attendees 

5 hours ago, whirldcruzrs said:

Is that true? Has that ever happened? I would assume that even if the CD does not like your team (I can’t imagine not liking an entire team - maybe just someone or some on a team), the CDs are trained (required) to refrain from displaying such emotions. I do think CDs do a good job of making believe they like everyone, which can sometimes be quite difficult.   

If your cruise is part of a   7 Day back to back cruise, cumulative totals are not being used.  At least they weren’t on the Encore in May.

11 hours ago, whirldcruzrs said:

Just now, hoya68 said:

We had a raucous and humorous team which apparently offended the CD, but not other teams. How do we know he was upset at us. Whenever other teams won prizes they got some nice swag. We got bookmarks! Didn't bother us-we just ordered more champagne.

• Haha 2