La Paz - Best options to get to the beach

Cyclone92

Arriving in La Paz (Pichilingue) this summer on Princess and trying to figure out the best way to get to Balandra and/or Tecolote.  It seems the two options are (1) bus or (2) taxi.  The bus leaves from town so I would need to take the shuttle from the the port to La Paz and then catch the Playa Bus back to up to the beaches. I'm not able to find any details on the current bus schedule or pricing online. The other option is to take a cab, but it's not clear if there will be cabs available when I get off the ship or if there will be cabs available at the beaches to return. Has anyone done either options before or have other guidance? 

"Best way" if price doesn't matter would simply be to take a taxi to the beach although it isn't clear where you want to go.  In this case, simply arrange a pickup time to return back to the ship and your taxi driver will show up with almost 100% certainty.

The two most likely beaches would be Balandra or Tecolote.  Note that Balandra was some limitations now that restrict the number of visitors and or time so go early. 

https://letstraveltomexico.com/balandra-beach-la-paz/

Tecolote Beach is past Balandra and while not as scenic has more services and no limitations in terms of people that can be accommodated on the beach.  I actually don't think the water at Tecolote is all that great either but this is my own view and others may feel differently.  One nice thing at Tecolote is that yo can take a boat tour out to see whale sharks depending on season. 

A final option which you can consider is to walk to the beach in Pichilingue itself.  I personally have never stopped there and walking the short distance along highway might be an adventure, but this is also a possibility.

Have fun in the La Paz area!

BTW - is there a ship's tour?  That is likely another way to get to the beach and may even simplify logistics further at a price of course.

image.thumb.png.67d15fc6767ab30a007a305858bf95ce.png

Edited by SelectSys

Thank you!  Oddly enough, there are only five or so excursions being offered by Princess and none involve the beach. In fact, there is only one that involves that water at all and that is a two hour snorkeling trip.  Seems that Princess is really missing out on easy revenue by offering a beach excursion which would really only require van/bus transport.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cyclone92 said:

Seems that Princess is really missing out on easy revenue by offering a beach excursion which would really only require van/bus transport

Could be.  One more thing came to mind - see if a day pass is available for the "Costa Baja" resort.  It is on the road heading towards town from the port.  I have stayed at the hotel in the past and really liked their beach club.  It had a really nice pool area, restaurant and direct access to a sandy beach.

https://costabajaresort.com/en/home/

Arriving in La Paz (Pichilingue) if you take the shuttle bus to town how often do they come and go ( from ship and town) and do they stop at the Resort beach also??😏 they change our stop from Puerto Vallarta for our November cruise.   

• Like 1