Montego Bay - Doctors Cave and Peat Taylor to Dunns River/Blue Hole

kimandtim

Our group of 11 went to Montego Bay last week on Carnival and split up into two groups.  First group took a shuttle/taxi for 7 dollars per person to Doctors Cave beach.  They charged us for my 2 year old grandson who sat in my daughters lap which I thought was a bit ridiculous but it is what it is.  It took about 10 minutes to get to the beach which I thought was beautiful.  We didn't stay long (maybe 2 hours)  because we were wanting to get the kids back to the ship to nap but it is definitely a nice beach and I would return.  We had paid $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella so when we left we had offered them to people from the ship and we noticed as we were walking out that the workers seemed to be complaining to them about it which was a bit annoying since we paid for them and could do what we wanted with them, I would think. But again, whatever. A non- airconditioned taxi returned us to port.  This time we did not pay for our lap child. The rest of the group did the Dunns River falls/Blue Hole private excursion for around $100 per person with Peat Taylor tours. They returned to ship in plenty of time for sailaway.  They all said it ranked among their favorite shore excursions ever.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2023 at 7:12 AM, kimandtim said:

There were lots of taxis and shuttles waiting.  We grabbed a shuttle with another family and were charged $7 a head for the quick airconditioned ride to the beach

Was it easy to get a shuttle back to the port after Doctors Cave Beach? Was the beach crowded?

There were quite a few cabs waiting right outside the area waiting to take us back to the ship. The beach was pretty crowded but no more so than other beaches that we have been to - Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos in Cozumel for example.