Hampton Inn Vancouver airport

DaveOKC

I would pass on the Hampton Inn YVR.  Behind it are automobile workshops and warehouses that you will have to walk through to get to the Bridgepoint Station. Doesn't exactly feel the safest.

There area is kind mixed residential, commercial, and light industrial so the immediate area is not super pedestrian orientated.  However, I would not consider it an unsafe area.  I think the walk along Great Canadian Way to the Bridgeport Skytrain station is reasonable versus shimmying along the side streets.  We occasionally visit that Costco (pure mayhem) along Great Canadian Way and feel the area is fine, at least during the day.  

We stayed there a few years ago. Somewhere near baggage claim there is a bunch of white courtesy telephones to different hotels. OR just call them when you arrive.

Liked it so much we cancelled our post cruise reservations at a downtown hotel and rebooked with them. We used this as our base for the next week. 

We felt safe walking between the hotel and Bridgeport Station along Sexsmith Rd. We initially followed G Maps and it lead us walking along Great Canadian Way but that added another 10 minutes. At the time you'll ruin your suitcase rollers walking Sexsmith Rd as it needed some overdue repaving.  

13 hours ago, Philob said:

We stayed there a few years ago. Somewhere near baggage claim there is a bunch of white courtesy telephones to different hotels. OR just call them when you arrive.

Liked it so much we cancelled our post cruise reservations at a downtown hotel and rebooked with them. We used this as our base for the next week. 

We felt safe walking between the hotel and Bridgeport Station along Sexsmith Rd. We initially followed G Maps and it lead us walking along Great Canadian Way but that added another 10 minutes. At the time you'll ruin your suitcase rollers walking Sexsmith Rd as it needed some overdue repaving.  

So, would I take Sexsmith to Charles St and turn right to get to the Bridgeport station?

25 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

So, would I take Sexsmith to Charles St and turn right to get to the Bridgeport station?

Correct, head for River Rock Casio, can't miss the station. 

Try to get a room in the back, away from Bridgeport Rd; less truck noise and you'll see the planes on final to YVR.

Don't know when you're going, but ask the desk if the Richmond (mostly Asian) Night Market is open. It's a few blocks away and we went there grazing between the food booths for our dinner.  Everyone seemed to have sautéed octopus, spiral potatoes, and boba drinks...bring handi-wipes!

Edited by Philob