And yet another Prima sailing does not make it to Isafjordur

ontheweb

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

but the Prima's lifeboats are not certified to be used as tender. Why do you go backwards in functionality when you build newer ships?

There are a few other ships that also have no own tender boats.

I personally don`t see it as a problem if you use the ship in a region where you can garantueed dock in every port.

So the problem is not the missing tenderboats but sending the prima into a region where there is a realistic chance that you need them.

22 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

There are a few other ships that also have no own tender boats.

I personally don`t see it as a problem if you use the ship in a region where you can garantueed dock in every port.

So the problem is not the missing tenderboats but sending the prima into a region where there is a realistic chance that you need them.

Whatever. They still keep listing Isafjordur and selling excursions for there. So far they have cancelled it for every Prima cruise. There can't be that many more before the ship takes on a new itinerary.

And sometimes you need tenders even at a normal docking port. We were once in Corfu. There were 3 ships and 2 spots to dock. Our cruise ended up the one tendering.

17 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

is this the same cruise as the one in which the observation lounge was scheduled to be closed for the entire sailing for the artwork sales or are you describing a refund for a different cruise?

I was on that sailing....it was a 20% FCC

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And if I were a betting man, I would bet that you could still call NCL and buy an excursion to the port of Isafjordur even though they cancelled it as it is as it is still on the website.

It is not on the website…it was taken off the itinerary for the next two cruises. It’s not listed until a month out.

Iceland says they are working on it with false promises, so it’s reasonable that NCL doesn’t just outright cancel it the rest of the season. Can you imagine if they cancelled and then it was ready and they had to add port fees? Then people would complain they’re getting charged more. You can’t win with the complainers.

4 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

It is not on the website…it was taken off the itinerary for the next two cruises. It’s not listed until a month out.

Iceland says they are working on it with false promises, so it’s reasonable that NCL doesn’t just outright cancel it the rest of the season. Can you imagine if they cancelled and then it was ready and they had to add port fees? Then people would complain they’re getting charged more. You can’t win with the complainers.

By now everyone who is still to be sailing with Isafjordur as one of the listed ports has paid in full a long time ago, so how would they now have to add port fees? I am sure they have already, and note they are NOT crediting them back to anyone.

• Like 1