Transfer booking to TA - How does it work?

darkhorizon

First time cruiser here. Not asking for TA recommendations, just checking how it works. I understand the process I can fill a form to transfer to TA. I have a question on how the deposits and outstanding work:

If NCL website shows $100 total for a cruise, and I book with them and pay a deposit of $10. Now, lets say TA is showing $105 for the same cruise, but with an OBC of $15, what happens if I transfer my booking from NCL to TA?

1. Do I lose my $10 deposit?

2. How much do I pay to TA for this booking?

3. How much OBC will TA give to me?

4. What happens if I used a cruisefirst certificate while booking with NCL? Does it get void during this process?

Just now, darkhorizon said:

First time cruiser here. Not asking for TA recommendations, just checking how it works. I understand the process I can fill a form to transfer to TA. I have a question on how the deposits and outstanding work:

If NCL website shows $100 total for a cruise, and I book with them and pay a deposit of $10. Now, lets say TA is showing $105 for the same cruise, but with an OBC of $15, what happens if I transfer my booking from NCL to TA?

4. What happens if I used a cruisefirst certificate while booking with NCL? Does it get void during this process?

We've done this twice. We lost no promotions or anything, it cost us nothing and the certificates we used transferred just fine. It is/was just a matter of filling out a simple form. Done within a day. Our TA doesn't give us OBC, but he IS able to get OBC from the cruise line, if available. For instance, he told us that when our final payment was due (it was earlier this month, I think July 5) that the price of our cabin had dropped, he re-priced it and some OBC was part of the deal. So we ended up paying less for the final payment and got OBC, to boot.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, darkhorizon said:

Those questions can only be answered by the TA you choose to use.  There are no standard policies for TA, therefore those things are up to the TA.

Now, here's what my TA does.

First, My TA never has a surcharge for booking with her.  The fare is the same as what is on the cruise line website.

Second, my TA will discount or give OBC in the amount of at least 8% of the fare.  IOW, if the cruise line fare is $1000, she will give discount or OBC of $80.

Third, you do not lose your deposit or any other payments  you've already made to the cruise line. Nor do  you  use any perks from the cruise line, ie, specialty dinners, etc.

Fourth, my TA applied cruise next and cruise first certificates just as if the cruise line would do. 

Here is the form to transfer a booking to a TA.  Note, there are time limits on when bookings can be transfered.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Direct_Guest_Reservation_Transfer_Form.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1