What is a Test Kitchen Meal Like?

misguy

Hello, everyone! 👋

Have you ever wondered what it's like to dine in a laboratory? 🧪🍽️ Join us as we explore the fully accessible and ultra-modern Test Kitchen on Virgin Voyages. From its stainless steel design to its unique gourmet offerings, this experience is sure to fascinate every food lover.

We'll take you on a virtual tour of the kitchen, let you in on the ambient sounds of the restaurant, and share our dining experience, course by course. 😋 Prepare to be amazed by each beautifully plated dish and tantalize your taste buds with the description of each delicious course.

So why wait? Hop aboard this culinary adventure now! Watch the video here 👉 https://youtu.be/0_yPTPoDxIA

Don't forget to like, share, and let us know your thoughts in the comments!

#VirginVoyages #TestKitchen #AccessibleTravel #InclusiveDining #CulinaryAdventure

I'm confused.  Did you write the above or is at a puff advertising piece from VV?  Or an ad for your YouTube.  It is certainly hype compared to our 2 TK experiences on VV.

I may have missed it in your video, but people should be aware that there are at least 3 menus at Test Kitchen; what you showed was menu A.  A and B are regular menus served based on what night it is.  Then there is at least one vegetarian menu (I've been told 2, but can't confirm that).  If you don't like a course in the regular menu, you can substitute the same course from the vegetarian menu.  For instance, I don't care for mushrooms, so I substituted the gazpacho for the mushroom pate.  I also got to try a bite of the vege coconut chocolate cake--incredible!  Wish I could get that without doing the whole meal!

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I'm confused.  Did you write the above or is at a puff advertising piece from VV?  Or an ad for your YouTube.  It is certainly hype compared to our 2 TK experiences on VV.

I may have missed it in your video, but people should be aware that there are at least 3 menus at Test Kitchen; what you showed was menu A.  A and B are regular menus served based on what night it is.  Then there is at least one vegetarian menu (I've been told 2, but can't confirm that).  If you don't like a course in the regular menu, you can substitute the same course from the vegetarian menu.  For instance, I don't care for mushrooms, so I substituted the gazpacho for the mushroom pate.  I also got to try a bite of the vege coconut chocolate cake--incredible!  Wish I could get that without doing the whole meal!

This was a review of what we ate, and if I had known there was another option, I would have traded those out in a heartbeat.  I am responsible for the description above.  It is designed to get people to watch the video, because that is where the information is.

• Like 1

I chose VV since I was told they don't do the upsells that other cruises do.  I never spend money on them (except dining).  Not having to pay extra besides super high end meats and seafood is a major plus.  This does seem like a bit of an add but I appreciate the info.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RBCal said:

I chose VV since I was told they don't do the upsells that other cruises do.  I never spend money on them (except dining).  Not having to pay extra besides super high end meats and seafood is a major plus.  This does seem like a bit of an add but I appreciate the info.

Sorry about the ad sounding post, I use the same information on all my media channels, and some of them getter responses with this type of post.

I try to provide information about accessible travel, and so I share our journeys where I can.  I started because I couldn't find answers to the questions I had.  And since I am on the ship, I share things that I hope will interest others.

The subject header was wrong for your post and I think that's where the confusion comes in. It looks like you're asking a question, not promoting your YouTube channel. And the copy is clearly written as an ad designed to drive people to your channel and away from Cruise Critic.

Be mindful because some people will take offense to blatant Ads like that and report you for spamming the boards. Much better to work the video information into an answer or frame your post entirely different than a blatant marketing "watch my video" post. I love that your content adds valuable information for the accessible community, but be mindful the purpose of Cruise Critic is not to drive traffic to your social channels through a "watch my channel" post. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Be mindful because some people will take offense to blatant Ads like that and report you for spamming the boards. 

Great video, and glad you posted it @misguy but need to be ultra careful we all play by the rules.

It's like the other spam thing where people jump a thread and make a post (or multiple) before reading the whole thread. Often they post repeated information, or just make a thread longer while adding no info for benefit to the boards. Its a pet hate of mine and I am sure its against the general rules. 

Maybe an Admin can clarify?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Is this Test Kitchen same as the TV show America's Test Kitchen?

No, the test kitchen on Virgin Voyages, is  a restaurant with a unique decor to look like a lab, and an unusual menu.  If you watch you will get an idea.

• Thanks 1

Test Kitchen is a really neat experience. I highly recommend you order a drink paring. They have wine, cocktail, and zero proof options. I got the zero proof and it really did add alot to the experience (comes off your bar tab!). 

Each course is a pretty small portion, I definitely had plenty to eat though. 

It's a bit gimmicky with the over the top presentations but it's very fun! 

• Like 1