Important Posting Info…Who Knew

laudergayle

6 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

"Strategically enhancing our guest experience."  Maybe someone here can translate what this actually means?

A strategy is an idea that gets you closer to your goal. So NCHL will identify ways to make guests more fulfilled but still provide a positive ROI.   Good luck with that…easier said than done.

Edited by laudergayle

52 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Cruise Critic's guidelines are quite clear. The material that was posted from the WSJ's website clearly violated the guidelines....

Right. Paranoid, like I said. I don't remember what was posted from WSJ, so I won't pass judgement on that. But sometimes a small excerpt is much better than going to a different site, and actually does serve the purpose here. But hey, it's their site. They can do what they want.

6 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Right. Paranoid, like I said. I don't remember what was posted from WSJ, so I won't pass judgement on that. But sometimes a small excerpt is much better than going to a different site, and actually does serve the purpose here. But hey, it's their site. They can do what they want.

There were two full screen shots...a lot of material under any circumstances. 

Since there are no etched in stone objective guidelines such as x number of sentences or y number of paragraphs for what constitutes Fair Use it's quite understandable why Cruise Critic sets a hard stop on the use of copyrighted material.  They're not going to employ a cadre of lawyers to review every instance of posters quoting copyrighted material. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

There were two full screen shots...a lot of material under any circumstances. 

Since there are no etched in stone objective guidelines such as x number of sentences or y number of paragraphs for what constitutes Fair Use it's quite understandable why Cruise Critic sets a hard stop on the use of copyrighted material.  They're not going to employ a cadre of lawyers to review every instance of posters quoting copyrighted material. 

Full screen shots are a different story. Thanks.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:31 PM, schmoopie17 said:

Someone pulled the thread...and the whole thing unraveled.

My mom always taught me not to pull a thread...I guess mom knew best (despite what the TV show said).

"If you want to destroy my sweater (whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa)
Hold this thread as I walk away (as I walk away)"

Now I have Weezer going through my head...

• Haha 1